iv. all this stressing and i'll get grey hairs

chapter four

─── all this stressing and i'll get grey hairs

          ℑ needed to find a place to hide, or somewhere to run to because this man was somewhat terrifying

          ℑ needed to find a place to hide, or somewhere to run to because this man was somewhat terrifying. We had walked off along the lake shore and he hadn't said anything to me at all, merely leading me away from the group.

This is where he was going to kill me.

"My name's Luke Castellan. I'm a son of Hermes and I used to live at Camp, but I don't anymore, move out about three years ago. I'm currently in college and I work here." Luke explained, before pointing out a couple of areas of interest to me. "That's my story. So, what's yours?"

"Amnesiac." I whispered, still watching him cautiously. He turned, a smirk playing at his lips.

"Whatever you think I'm going to do, I'm not. I don't harm kids."

"I don't know. The sword kind of looks threatening." I tightened my grip on the coin, ready to flip it and go. Luke pulls a face at that like he can't really argue, and then he turned and walked on. I padded behind him, still looking for a way to go before finally seeing a gap in the trees. I wait until Luke is pointing something out, before springing for the gap to leave.

I'm almost at the tree line when a hand grabs the back of my hoodie, pulling me backwards and back onto the path.

"You think you're the first kid to try and pull a runner?" He shook his head as I scowled and struggled. "Come on."

"Let me go!" I growl, turning to try and kick him off, but he dodges and is somehow still holding me up. He's freakishly strong. "I don't want to be here, let me go!"

"I can't do that, kid." Luke shook his head, setting me down ahead of him and giving me a nudge to walk forwards though keeping a grip on my shirt just in case I try to run again. "And anyway, where are you going to go? You've just said you're an amnesiac."

"Get off me!"

"Better here with people that understand being a demigod than out on the road with monsters chasing you down." Luke bargained.

"There'll be people looking for me. Someone is trying to find me, somewhere, I know it!" I called, before getting loose from his grip. "Look, this has been a misunderstanding. Just let me go. I don't need to prove myself to anyone, let alone the camp leader, alright? I'll be alright on my own, I can fight."

"I'm not doubting you and why would I make you prove yourself?" Luke cocked an eyebrow, huffing. 

"I-" I took note of his words, taking deep breaths as I stopped backing up. "You're not going to make me prove myself?"

"No." Luke shook his head.

"So, I'm just allowed in?"

"Yes."