Chapter 29

Elle POV.

It's pretty difficult to see someone's hard work destroyed because of a faulty air conditioning unit, and if it wasn't for Zak's hand soothing my back, I would have cried for him.

That would have been after I tore the jugular out of the service guy who happens to be the one who cancelled on us last time..

A black trash bag was now hanging from the unit, so that water would drip down it and into a bucket in an attempt to save the floor from anymore damage. I couldn't phantom how much this would cost..

"I'm so mad, I could spit." I tell Zak standing outside the room as the service guy leaves to grab more tools out of his van. The other team had just shown up and got to work straight away.

"I know.." He murmurs quietly looking at the state of the room.

Running a hand over my face, I try to fix a smile when Bacon approaches, but it's difficult.

"Totally fucked bro." Bacon says, summing up this whole situation.

"Dude..." Zak says.

Bacons eyes shift to me "Sorry Elle. Wanna grab something to eat?"

"I can't eat. Look at this."

"I can handle it." Zak says beside me.

"I know, but you're not going to. Because this isn't how we do things. Got it?" I tell him.

His lips twitch in amusement and he leans down kissing my head "At least get yourself a drink, it's hot in here. Stay hydrated if anything."

"I'll get you a water."

As I'm heading back towards the office, I catch the tail end of Bacon and Zak's conversation about me being a bad ass and making sure I don't slip away.

I have no intentions of slipping anywhere, unless it's back into bed with the man I've left accessing damage thanks to the goons.

Whilst I'm in the office, I push my hands onto the desk and look at the paperwork all laid out. If there's one thing I can do, it's fix some of this mess. Which is when I park my butt onto the seat, grab Zak's diary and begin making calls.

**

"Water." I smile, sliding up beside him.

"You been gone a while, everything okay?"

"Uh-huh..." I nod.

"You've got that look in your eye. What have you done?" Zak asks causing Bacon to look up from his phone.

"The guy who did the painting, he's gonna swing by tomorrow and assess the wall, see what can be salvaged as well as work out what the cost will be."

"You've rang him?"

"As well as a carpet cleaning company who will get the water up as well as inspect the flooring, dry out the wood and seal it to make sure this never happens again."

I'm pulled into a hug and almost lifted off my feet by him when I rub his back. "I got it covered."

"You're amazing."

"I know." I smile into his shoulder before being released from his embrace. "I've just came to let you know that I'm going to sort out the office because it's giving me major anxiety and when I'm finished, I'll come and find you. Okay?"

"Sure thing."

I head back to his office feeling a little better and hope that I've took some of the pressure off his shoulders. He's got enough going on without this adding to his work load.