Chapter 31

{m* rated warning- those who do not want to read, can skip to the next chapter, it will not effect the story}

"Hey Zak." The woman smiles, flashing a set of perfect teeth whilst her eyes sparkle.

Her dress is gorgeous and wraps around her body accentuating her tiny waist and round perk butt. I could never and a slither of jealous pecks at me. God she's gorgeous too..

"Hello." He answers making me look to Zak who is staring at me. "Elle, this is Candy. Candy this is Elle."

"Hello." I smile, trying to be friendly but the look she gives me leaves me a little cold.

She may have a sweet name, but her attitude is bitter.

"Hi." She forces before planting her hand onto the table and turning her back to me, whilst she speaks. "So how have you been keeping?"

"Amazing." He answers. "I have Elle to thank for that."

Candy flicks her head over her shoulder before smiling. "Yes, you always were one for charity. Tell me, what foundation is this?"

My teeth sink into the bottom of my lip, stopping me from biting back. I don't know this woman, but I know she's here to cause a reaction and she won't get it from me. So instead, I smile.

Kill them with kindness, right?

"Excuse me?" Zak asks, his tone has shifted from complacent to agitated.

"Zak.." I say, pulling his glare off Candy.

"I have to say, she's not your usual type, a little... Rounded. So I'm presuming it's some arrangement, maybe you're a family friend? Did his mom take pity and set this little 'thing' up for you?"

My eyes watch as Zak's hand turns into a fist, he slowly takes his hand off the table, away from mine. His jaw clenching as he tries to keep calm.

It's only as I see him shake that I realise I haven't asked about his lockdown in detail, whether he brought anything home... Why didn't I ask?

I pick up my glass and take a sip, letting the liquid cool my throat before I have to pull on the big girl pants and take this wench down a step.

"Did he order for you?" She whispers. "Maybe you should have let him.. You're a pretty girl. But not if you keep eating large amo-"

"Candy? That's you're name isn't it?" I ask popping my glass down. She will not stand there and insult me on my weight, hell no.

"Yes."

"Is that short for something because nobody in their right mind would name a child that. Would they?"

Her perfectly shaped brow lifts.

"Hmm. Your name doesn't suit you. There is nothing sweet about you. So where is your partner? Or is it someone else's husband?"

"Excuse me?" She asks, turning to me.

"Elle." Zak says in warning.

I run my tongue over my teeth, looking at Zak.

"Be a good dog." She smirks.

But I can't help myself. I can't, and I turn my eyes back to Candy.

"So I've got a question. I'll make it simple for you to understand... Was the old balls on your chin worth losing a faithful, kind, caring, successful businessman like Zak?"

"Who do you think you are?" Candy asks.

"Me? I'm the one living the life you wish you had. But you fucked that up didn't you?" I glance behind her at a guy who's looking at her, waiting.