𝑠𝑖𝑥

꧁ 𝐻𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 ꧂
✰ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡 ✰

"Okay..please, stop moving the damn phone!" Zendaya yelled to Beca throughout the phone screen.

They've been FaceTiming for about two hours or so and Beca, always nervous, just couldn't stop moving and shaking.

"Sorry" she mumbled balancing her phone on the table so that she could have her hands free.

"So let me get this right.. you watched the series, you basically got the part, you're moving to Charleston to film and your celeb crush asked you on a date? Correct?" "It's not technically a 'date'.. we're having ice cream and then prolly hang on the beach" Beca cut her friend off who now had a 'you-kiddin-me?' look on her face.

"And that's not a date?" she asked again furrowing her brows. Beca shook her head but not very convinced about what she just stated.

Yes, Rudy told her it was just an ice cream nothing more and he clarified he wasn't trying to flirt with her but how come he didn't want the others to come too? All these thoughts slowly took control of Beca's mind leaving her alone to deal with them. Thank God she had Zen with her.

The two girls met thanks to Beca's cousin Tom Holland who worked with Zendaya in his new movie and when she was invited to hang on the set, where she also met a lot of incredible actors, she met Zendaya too and it was the beginning of their beautiful friendship.

They were always there for each other and any problem they had they could always count on the other. Beca loved her, so so much.

"When it's over, tell me eVeRItHinG! Sorry bubs, i gotta go now.. let's talk soon, okay?"

"Sure do babes, byeee!" they said goodbye to each other and Beca hung up sadly; she missed her bestie more than anything!

It was currently 3:15pm so she had a lot of time to get ready before the 'not-date' with Rudy.

Kelly was busy with her boyfriend and texted her earlier to tell her that she'd probably spent the night at his place so she wouldn't have to wait for her.

✵✵✵

"All right mom, i have to go. I'll call you okay? Love you, bye!" Beca hung up putting her shoes on. Her mom called her right when she was about to leave the apartment so she told her they'd speak another time.

Beca and her mom never got the chance to talk properly since the divorce but it wasn't a secret that she was more attached to her father.

Oliver Holland, Beca's father was a businessman and would often be away from the states for work, he used to go London more to close deals, sell some stuff and do business things. Beca always thought that was the reason why her mom asked for the divorce in the first place.

Everyone thought the Hollands were the perfect family with the perfect life but they didn't know what really was under the surface.

One cold day of January Evelynn, Beca's mom, came home from work and announced those horrible words. Beca couldn't believe her ears, she ran in her room and all she could hear after was shouting and a never ending fighting between her parents.

It has been probably the most stressful night of her life but deep down in her heart, she felt that coming.

The days after were spent at numerous lawyers' offices and court hearings filled with rage and revenge. Beca couldn't handle it much longer so she moved to London, in his cousin's house and she spent there a lot more time than she expected but she was having fun and at least she could keep her mind off the divorce.

When she came back to the States she went straight to LA to start her career and hopefully a whole new life.

While she was mulling over her past Beca didn't even notice she was already at the rendezvous point.

She smiled as she recognized a blonde headed guy in the crowd.

Beca ran towards him and jumped on his back scaring him a little.

"You're late" Rudy laughed putting Beca back on the ground. "No, i am not" she replied fake pouting. They both chuckled and entered the ice cream shop.

"You're not paying for mine too" Beca stopped Rudy from giving the ice cream guy the money.

"Yes i am" he answered firmly.

"You said it's not a date so you don't have to pay for my food" she replied giving the guy at the desk the money for her ice cream. Rudy rolled his eyes smiling and payed his too.

"Wanna go on the beach?" he asked her as they got out of the shop. Beca nodded licking her spoon full of cookies and cream ice cream.

"Why do i always end up on the beach when i go out with someone?" she questioned asking the universe more than the boy next to her.

He looked confused and furrowed his brows.

"I mean.. when i first got here, my roommate took me to the beach to celebrate, when Chase and i reunited we came here and now you too are asking me to go there" she explained looking down at her feet.

"Maybe it's because you have a beach face" Rudy answered her licking his ice cream.

"I beg your pardon?" Beca asked-shouted laughing.. now that Rudy said it out loud it actually sounded a little weird. They burst out laughing almost dropping their sweets.

"What i was trying to say was" Rudy started trying to get back on her "you look like someone who loves hanging on the beach"

"Well i actually do so i guess that's about fair" Beca replied smiling.

In a blink of an eye they got to the beach and sat down using their coats as towels.

Beca took a couple of photos since she loved photography and in particular aesthetic pics and what could be more aesthetic than the beach?

Rudy took a couple of photos too but of Beca, he didn't seem as much interested in the beach as her.

As she was taking her pictures, trying to find the perfect angles and stuff he couldn't help his staring. Beca was without any doubt, the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life. She was caring, kind, nice, joyful and of course very pretty.

When they finished eating Rudy got up and tossed the empty cups in the trash not far from them and while he was gone Beca drowned in her thoughts.

She had never felt this good with someone in a long time, maybe since her and Chase stopped talking.. she thought about Rudy and how such a nice guy he was (not mentioning his never ending hotness); he was a really good listener, funny, smart, adorable and really passionate about his job.

The both of them felt strong things for the other but even if they didn't want to admit it,
                they were catching feelings.