This is what I get for trying to be friendly

I officially have no clue what's going on around here. Let's recap these past couple days, shall we? We arrive in Gotham City on time despite Lila's efforts of sabotage. The Riddler attacks me at the airport, then I go home and learn about Venena after making a sort-of friendship with Damian. Nothing I can't handle and most of it actually makes sense. Do you know what doesn't make sense? Damian. He challenged his brother to an arm-wrestling match against me and now he can barely look me in the eye! Was I supposed to say no?

Then we had this weird-ass conversation about his brother's names, which I didn't actually know. Come to think of it that was probably pretty rude of me, not introducing myself before the arm-wrestling match. In my defense, I was in a terrible mood. Anyways, after Damian tells me his brother's names he suggests we catch up with the class.

At this point, it's become painfully obvious how uncomfortable he is. So, I try to do the friendly thing and try to reassure him, you know, by smiling? Give me a break! I haven't had to be nice to other teens in years. I'm a little rusty at this! It doesn't even matter, because all he did was go bright red and look away!

I had been trying to focus on what Mr.Grayson was saying about the history of the company, which was actually very interesting. Then Damian shows up out of nowhere looking a little sick, and since it would be rude to speak while Mr. Grayson is, I grin at him. I was just hoping to put him at ease, maybe see if he was feeling alright. All he does is slowly back away like he just saw Death himself. What the hell? This is what I get for trying to be friendly.

He spent the rest of the day avoiding me, his brother doing the opposite. Jason didn't seem to have any problem with following me around all day. It's not like I minded, but the glares and odd looks he was sent Damian were a bit concerning.

The long bus ride of thinking is finally over as we pull up to the hotel. I open the door to my room and promptly faceplant on the small bed. Apparently, Lila needed my room to store all her medical supplies. I had pointed out how we could easily just take what she needed and that most of it was extra clothes. I was downgraded to a less than nice room because that's what the extra money for the trip could afford.

I know I should be working on the dresses for the gala, but one little nap can't hurt, can it?

Two Hours Later

It can hurt. It can hurt a lot. Mostly my stomach, which is growling and hungry from missing dinner. Nobody came to wake me up for it and when I checked my phone it showed that Chloe tried to contact me.

I knew they'd try something like this. That's why I set multiple alarms on my phone; I should've only been asleep for a maximum of thirty minutes. I guess it doesn't really matter. What's done is done and I should start working on the dresses anyway.

Eight Hours Later

I've just snuck into Adrien Agreste's bedroom to steal his magical ring so that said magical ring can kill his sister. Again. God, what has my life come to? Poor Plagg was practically unresponsive for hours after we told him the news.

We literally had to wave camembert under his nose to snap him out of it. It took two minutes for him to reach out and grab the cheese. That's how bad this situation is.

On the bright side, tonight wasn't a total bust, the only good news is that I've officially started the dresses. More bad news? You bet! It's now 4 am and I haven't slept. I'll have to get up at 5:30 if I want to get ready and make sure the others don't leave me behind. I suppose I'll be running on coffee and energy drinks tomorrow.

No matter, I've done it before, but as I lie down on my bed I just can't seem to actually fall asleep. My mind just keeps wandering back to Damian. I really don't remember what I did wrong, yet there is clearly a problem. I mean, the kid can't even look at me!

For some reason, the thought of him disliking me so much leaves a sour taste in my mouth. There's nothing I can do about it though. He's clearly uncomfortable with and around me. I should respect that and leave him alone.

Should doesn't mean will. I'll just have to think back on our interactions throughout the day and figure out where it went wrong. By the time I've mentally sorted through everything and have a decent sized list of everything that could have weirded him out, it's about an hour later.

The only problem is that it also took me another half hour to decide that I'd just apologize for everything because I couldn't figure out which one got him to act this way. The alarm goes off signaling it's time for me to get up. Shit.

Authors Note
Don't really know what to put here. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I appreciate everyone that comments, they really help motivate me to write more. Bye!