ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ

The school fair can be fun.

If you spend it with the right person.

I mean that's how I spend my school fairs.

This one though,

was different.

I still spent it with my friends.

It was fun, there were lots of different booths.

I can barely recall the milk tea I was drinking, and the hotdog my friend was eating.

There was someone else with us, and my gut feeling could already guess who it was.

I grabbed his hand and in a flash all I saw was multiple scenes of us together.

Then it stopped.

For a moment I thought that the dream was over, that I was gonna wake up any second now.

I blinked once.

Twice.

I was in a taxi?

I looked down at what I was wearing and was suprised that I dressed up nicely.

Where was I headed off to?

The taxi stopped and I payed and got out.

It was a restaurant?

I stepped inside and was greeted with a warm smile and a hand reaching out to me.

I was scared to take it, scared that if I do it will disappear again.

But I did.

I took his hand and butterflies erupted inside me, consuming my very being.

"I—I, thank you for this." I breathed out, struggling to even complete a sentence.

He laughed and led me towards a table where food was already set up.

I was already a blushing and stuttering mess, I was just so nervous for some reason.

Could this be a first date? I wasn't too sure.

I couldn't really focus on what was happening, my mind was too groggy.

"No this is fine, really i'm having fun." I sputtered out.

My cheeks grew warm as he held my hand, pulling me out of the restaurant.

"I'm glad." He mumbled, though his voice sounded watery to me.

He turned to me and placed a kiss on my forehead.

Again, he was gone.

And again, I was awake.

Butterflies still fluttered around my stomach as I buried my face in the blanket.

"It was just a dream." I reminded myself.

I reached a hand out to touch my forehead, at where he gave me the kiss.

"It was just a dream."