ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪ

Have you ever had such a dream so vivid you thought it was real?

That you could remember every single detail, every word said, every crazy event?

I remember.

It's been a few weeks since my last dream, I honestly thought that was it, that my days were gonna go back to normal.

But no.

Earlier I woke up with a massive pounding in my head and a dream so realistic I thought I had truly lived through it.

I was home alone when typing away on my laptop, my phone rang and I picked up, "_____?" I asked to myself wondering why my friend was calling.

"Hello? What's up?" "Girl! Did you forget about the ball?!"

I had a moment of panic as I turned off my laptop and focus on the call, "Ball? What ball?"

My head pounded and as if a memory was playing in front of me I was with ____ and the guy.

The same guy that had been appearing in my dreams, "So, the dance? You'll go with me?" He asked.

My friend nudged me and I was out of the daze I was in, "Huh? Oh! Yeah sure I–uhm I'll see you then."

He grinned widely, getting up from his seat beside me, "Great, I'll see you then." And with that he was off, and I was back at my room, suddenly in my dress.

I walked out the door and the dream shifted, it was like looking through a memory of myself, talking with my friends, dining with them, dancing with him.

It seemed so surreal.

We were alone again, but I didn't care, I've fallen too far to care. I looked up at him and gave him a warm smile, his eyes gazing back and shining as though a thousand stars have resided inside of them, it was beautiful, so beautiful.

Suddenly they were sad, his expression grew melancholic, and a part of me already knew why. The sky started graying, I could see it chipping away bit by bit, revealing what looked to be a bright light behind the grayed sky.

I gasped slightly, turning to him in a state of panic, my hands shaking as they grasped his suit tightly, not really knowing what else to do at that point.

I was scared.

In the midst of all the chaos in my mind, I pulled him into my arms, "If I don't make it back.." He said nothing, and I felt his hold on me tighten, his soft breaths on my neck, his hair brushing against my cheek, his scent invading my senses as I felt my tears gather at the corners of my eyes.

"If I don't make it back, just know that I-" I choked up, swallowing the lump in my throat as I felt my heart pound loudly, the ringing in my ears making me want to curl up and just start uncontrollably sobbing my heart out.

I held him tightly, not wanting to break out of his hold, "I know." Was all I heard him whisper, and for a moment, it was peaceful, nothing mattered.

Reluctantly, I pulled away from him and smiled softly, as if to assure him that I will be fine, he smiled back, his eyes holding a sense of assurance, making me let out a small sigh of relief.

I bit my lip, yes, I knew this was going to be the last time I'll be seeing of him, of the boy of my dreams, quite literally. My time was up, but I enjoyed every moment I spent with him, I will forever remember every little detail, I swear to myself, I won't ever forget him.

I longed to kiss him, but I was running out of time, I was going to wake up soon, I was sure. 

Suddenly, his hands cupped my cheeks.

Suddenly, his lips were on mine.

Suddenly, everything went bright.

And just like that, I was awake.

And just like that, he was gone. like I had expected.

He never showed up in my dreams after that, It's hard to believe, but I know for a fact that I truly fell in love with that boy in my dreams. I can't properly explain it, but it's an experience that's so special to me. Wherever he may be now, who ever he may be now, he will always be, my dream boy.