Chapter 2: First Official Day

Y/N POV:

Today is my first official day as being "THE9's Manager". I arrived bright and early at their house. When I got to the doorsteps, I rang the doorbell. I checked my watch. Mhmmm, 7 A.M right on time. XIN Liu welcomed me in and I followed her to the living room. "I'll wait for you guys here."

"Are you sure? Some of the girls aren't up yet you might want to go wake them up," she said.

"Oh, okay. I'll go check to see who's not up yet." I went upstairs and knocked on each door to make sure everyone was awake. I knocked on each door and heard a reply from everyone. I got to the last door and knocked but there was no reply. I knocked again still no reply. I decided to creak open the door. "Hello? Are you up yet?" The room was dim with a ray of sunlight shining through the curtains. I couldn't make out who was sleeping at first but as I approached her it turned out to be Kiki.

"Kiki. Kiki. It's time to get up." I whispered. I tapped her arm. "Kiki. We have to get going." I whispered again and she finally woke up. She rolled over and lifted her eye mask. Wow, she looks beautiful even when she just woke up. She opened her eyes and smiled at me. Next thing you know she pulls me into her arms. My face is right at her chest.

"Five more minutes," she sleepily said. I was a bit flustered and kind of froze there for a second. I tried to get out of her arms but me being 5'2 struggled. I gave up and laid there.

"Uhhh, Kiki... we- we have...to get...going," I stuttered. No response. Did she fall back asleep? I patted her back a couple of times trying to get her to wake up. "Xu Jiaqi. We're going to be late."I said with a more stern tone. She finally released her arms and got up to get ready.

"Ugh, fine but you just felt so comfy in my arms," Kiki said as she smirked at me. I could start to feel my cheeks get red.

"Uhhh, I'm gonna go wait downstairs." I quickly said as I left the room. I shut the door and put my hand on my chest. Gosh, the things she does to me. I made my way downstairs into the living room and sat on the couch. I checked the girls' schedules and they had multiple group photoshoots and interviews. I was too busy going over the schedule for today that I didn't hear someone come down from the stairs and sit next to me. I felt the couch dip a little. I turned my head. "Oh, Yu Yan, the early bird I see." I chuckled.

"Yeah, I got ready an hour ago," she said. "What are you doing? You didn't even realize I came down," she asked me.

"Oh, I'm just going over the schedules for today. You guys are booked until late," I said and continued to look through the schedule. I could feel Yu Yan's gaze on me. I debated if I should turn my head or not.

"I saw you and Kiki," I dropped my phone. I turned my head. "Huh? What do you mean?" I said nervously.

"You guys were in bed together," she said with a straight face.

"No no no it wasn't like that," I tried to defend myself. "I was just trying to wake her up and..." I didn't get to finish my explanation because Xiaotang walked down with the other girls following.

"Okay let's go!" Esther said and walked out of the front door. Yu Yan got up from the couch and started to head for the door. I grabbed her wrist and looked up at her with puppy eyes. She just gently smiled at me and ruffled my hair. So does that mean she believes me? I got up and followed the rest of the girls out of the house making sure all nine were in the van. I told our driver, Mr. Li, to head to the first photoshoot location.

Once we got there, there was surprisingly no fans outside. Thank goodness. I was not ready for an anxiety attack so early in the morning. As we headed inside, the girls got ready for their photoshoot. The girls looked pretty and professional for the shoot. A couple of hours later the girls were done and ready to head for their next schedule. As we were about to walk out, I saw Mr. Li waiting in front of the door.