Chapter 6: Jealousy

Switched up the POV's hehehe

Yu Yan POV:

I was walking to my room when I saw Kiki's door open. I was gonna go check up on her because she seemed a little angry earlier. As I was walking to her room, I heard another voice. I peeked the crack of the door and saw her and Y/N. I saw Y/N kiss her on the lips. "You're mine Xu Jiaqi," she said. I couldn't help but bawl up my fists. I went to my room and shut the door. Did that kiss mean nothing to her? Wait, why do I care what she does? It's not like we're a thing. 

I screamed into my pillow. I lifted my head from my pillow. Wait, am I jealous? I patted my cheeks. I don't know when I started to have feelings for Y/N. Maybe it was when she carried me her back or maybe it was when she iced my ankle. I don't remember, but all I know is that I like her... more than a manager, more than a friend, more than a sister. "Yu Yan, get ahold of yourself," I told myself. I heard a knock on my door.

"Yu Yan? Are you okay?" I heard Y/N through the door.

          "Yeah!" I replied. I facepalmed myself.

"Okay, just wondering because I heard a scream," she said.

          "No, I'm fine just accidentally stepped on something," I said.

"Are you hurt? Do you need help?" she asked.

          "No! I'm fine! No need!" I retorted.

"Okay if you need anything just call me," I heard her walk away from the door. Why do you always care for me like a sister? Can't you look at me the way I look at you?

I went downstairs to cook lunch for the girls since tomorrow would be the start of a busy week. Xin Liu and Keran were in the living room playing video games. "Hey, I'm gonna go make lunch. Want anything in particular?" I asked them. They shook their heads. I entered the kitchen and started preparing. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps come into the kitchen. "Xin Liu? Can you help me with lunch?" I turned around and met eyes with Y/N. "Oh."

"Oh? Are you not happy to see me?" Y/N jokingly pouted.

           "No, I just thought you were someone else," I said and turned back to preparing lunch. Why does she have to be so cute?

"Here, let me stir the sauce while you keep slicing the vegetables, Chef Yan~," she said and stood in front of the stove. I just nodded and kept slicing the vegetables. I kept stealing glances at her side profile. Her cheeks look so squi—"Ow!" I cut myself with the knife.

"OMG! Yan, you're bleeding!" she quickly took my hand and led it to the faucet. "You have to be careful next time," she worriedly tried to clean my cut. "I'll be back," she said and ran out of the kitchen. A few seconds later, she came back with a first aid kit. She grabbed my hand and poured alcohol on my cut. I winced. "Does it sting?" she asked. I nodded my head. I examined her face while she dabbed the cut and blew on it. Eyebrows furrowed, she seemed focused on cleaning the cut. Cute.

          "I can put the bandaid on myself," I grabbed the bandaid and opened it. I attempted to wrap it around my finger but it ended up getting all stuck together.

"Here let me do it," she said and grabbed a new bandaid. She gently wrapped the bandaid around my finger. "There. You should have let me do it the first time," she chuckled. She took my finger and kissed it. "All better," she giggled. So childish. "My mom used to do that when I used to hurt myself as a kid," she said. I nodded and picked up the knife. "Nooo, let me slice the veggies. I don't want your bandage to get dirty," she said and grabbed the knife from my hand. I obeyed and checked on the sauce.