14| need to stay honest

Taehyung could sense something was wrong.

Jeongguk couldn't look him in the eye without almost tearing up but he wouldn't tell him what was the problem. He wished they had started talking after they first slept together honestly . He hadn't really thought about it until now when he feels like his baby doesn't trust him enough to share his problems.

"Ggukie, you know you can talk to me right?", they were lying on his bed at around an hour two after midnight, Taehyung drawing circles on the back of the younger with a single finger as the boy pretended to be asleep, but knew him better. 

Unlike other times when he was ignored, this time, to his surprise, the boy turned suddenly, drawing his body closer to him to fill the gap left between them in his king sized bed.

Jeongguk placed a warm palm over his cheek that wasn't squashed into the pillow, dragging his thumb across the soft surface before he placed a peck on his lips . He opened his mouth as if to say something but his eyes glazed over before he could utter anything and choked up what sounded like a sob to Taehyung.

Seeing the other boy far from his usual cheery attitude hurt him more than he had believed it would, and before he knew, he was pulling the boy over his chest, kissing away the tears off his rosy cheeks before burying his head in his own neck,  leisurely stroking the hair at his nape.

"Would you forgive me if I ever did something very bad Taehyungie?", the boy hadn't lifted his head from his neck but had rather buried himself deeper into him.  

"Ofcourse I would baby, I would love you even after you did every wrong thing in this world,", he was sure would, really . Because he knew he wasn't very much deserving of the boy with the unspeakable things he was doing.

"Thank you, I love you," his breath hitched, it did so every time, every time Jeongguk would say this he forgot how to breath before relief flooded him unlike ever before. Every time the boy said this, he felt assured and truly loved unlike ever before. But there was something different about the way Jeongguk said it this time, it sounded more genuine than loving, if that even made sense, it felt as if the other was telling him that he was thankful for Taehyung as he was for the air around him .

"I love you more darling, I know I do", he really did. 

He had been speaking what was o his mind, what he was sure he meant all the time he had been  with Jeongguk now, felt the need to stay honest, not that it didn't mean he couldn't hide things he was sure would draw the boy away from him. 

It wouldn't be hurt Jeongguk to not know that his boyfriend was anything but the kind man he considered him to be, that his boyfriend killed on daily basis for him.

"Kookie?", he asked, almost 15 minutes later when the breath on his neck turned even but his baby was already asleep. So he laid him on the bed again, intertwining their fingers before spooning him, falling asleep to the thought of what could his boyfriend have had done so wrong that he couldn't even speak about it, definitely not anything worse than shop lifting he bet.

Little did he know.

___

im a sick little bastard oof, anyways short chapter but i promise the next one is gonna be longer, thank you reading this and please hit that lil star to motivate my constantly anxious ass. stay safe and happy!