Gift

Again, when a word/sentence is in italic, it's spoke in a different language.

"Mommy, look what I have here!," Leon ran to his Mommy's arms with full of enthusiasm as to what he's about to announce. He brought up the certificate for her to see. He watched as stars appeared in his Mom's eyes. "I did it! I'm Kruu Mai's best student!"

"Oh mon fils, I am so proud of you!" she immediately engulfed him into a warm embrace. "Daddy would be so happy to know this!"

"I hope so, Mom," he replied which made her brows furrowed.

"Of course he would be, my love. Let's go! What do you want for gift? Ice cream? Gummy bears?" she asked as they walked to their car.

"Anything will do, Mommy, but I have one request.."

"What is it?"

"Can I give candies to Freya?" he shyly smiled with his head down.

"You're so cute, sure, let's buy candies for Nong Freya, shall we? Get inside the car now," when his Mom gave a positive response, he excitedly ran to the other side and hopped inside the car.

After dropping by the candy shop to buy sweets for Freya (Leon told that she won the Most Friendly in Kruu Mai's class), they straightly went home to break the good news to Nadech. The moment Leon laid a feet inside their house, he felt enthusiastic once again. He found his Dad-- now on his pyjamas-- reading a book in the common area. Leon waited for his Mom first before bringing the certificate on his Daddy's face.

"Woah, woah, what is this?" he asked first and put the book atop the coffee table.

"Go and read," Yaya said and plopped down to the single sofa, which earned a worried look from his husband.

"Be careful, please," he warned.

"Sorry," she apologized in the most adorable way she could. "So.. your son.."

"Wow! Best Student! Ohoooy, you really are my son. Did you know that I was also awarded as the Best Student in class when i was your age, too?" he smiled widely and made Leon sat on his lap.

"Of course he is your son," Yaya glared. "Did you ever doubt him being your child?"

"Teerak, I was plainly joking! Hehe," he awkwardly laughed.

"Mom, are you mad with Por?" Leon worriedly asked in which Yaya returned with a no.

"I'm not, mon fils."

"Don't worry about Mom, okay? She's just extra sensitive these few weeks, let's  understand her. Anyways, back to the Best Student, what do you want? Let us give you a gift," he asked his son. Leon put his finger on his chin, as if thinking about something.

"I already told Mom, Dad. Anything as a gift will do."

"Really? How about.. someone?" Yaya asked, now flashing her beautiful smile.

"Someone? What do you mean by someone, Mommy?," he curiously turned.

"A moment, please," she stood up carefully and her two boys watched her as she made her way upstairs.

"What do you think it is, Dad?"

"Just wait for it."

A few minutes after, Yaya came back with a small paper bag. "Can you guess what's inside? Clue, you will definitely like it," she teased first. She saw how Nadech's brows wiggled and she just pouted at him.

"Hmm, toys? Airplanes? Or, art materials again?" he guessed.

"Guess more, mon fils," she challenged him more. "Another clue, you have been praying for this."

"Oh! Chocolates from Switzerland? Or plane tickets to Norway so I could see Grandpa and Granny and Auntie!" the excitement started building up inside him.

"Aw, you miss them so much, aye? But it's still wrong, as much as I want us to go to Norway, you still have school and Dad is filming his lakorn, but still.. I know you will like this gift even if you didn't guess it right," she finally handed him the yellow paper bag.

Inside it was a brown envelope, "it's a paper? A certificate or something.." Leon whispered but his parents still heard it.

"Open it," Nadech said.

And so he did. Leon slowly pulled that paper (but it was a bit hard than an ordinary paper). "What is this, Mom? Why is there.. oh, it's a picture of a tadpole in black and white filter!"

The two weren't able to control themselves and they ended up laughing their hearts out. A freaking picture of a tadpole in B/W!

After getting to calm down, Yaya gestured for her husband to explain it to Leon.

"Son, no.. it's not a picture of a tadpole in black and white filter.." Yaya covered her mouth as Nadech continued, "it's the picture of your sibling."

"Sibling?"

"You're having a sibling, my love, I am four weeks pregnant," his Mom softly said, caressing his cheek.

"Really, Mom? I'm gonna be a big brother?!" the two didn't expect their son's reaction. The way his eyes flashed lights in excitement.. they didn't expect that his reaction would be like this. "I'm going to have a sibling!"

"Yes, you will be a big brother soon, Leon Appolo."

"Is it a girl? I hope it's a girl! I want to have a baby sister, Mom, Dad!"

"That would be really nice. But if it's another prince or a princess, promise Dad and Mom that you will love him or her.. the way you love us," Nadech raised his pinky finger, and Leon willingly hooked his pinky with his. "I know you will be a great brother."

"Boys, don't move, I'm going to capture this," Yaya warned and immediately looked for the camera in which she found on the table.

"Neung, song, sam.. si!"

That day, Leon received the best gift ever in his seven years of existence. He slept in peace, looking forward for the new blessing that is about to come in their lives..

I would love to hear your feedbacks for this chapter! Please let me know! I'm also up for requests and suggestions ♥️