Sunday

Sunday

“Wake up, Mommy, wake uuuup!” Leon continued tapping her Mom's shoulder and shaking it a bit for her to open her eyes. “Mommy, wakey wakey! Wake up.

“Baby please.. Mommy is still sleepy..” she replied half-asleep, eyes still tightly closed.

“But Luna wants milk!” and that, dear friends, made his Mom sat up from their king-size bed. Eyes still a bit heavy, hair very messy. “See, you'll wake up for Luna!” the boy lightly chuckled and covered his mouth.

“Seriously, mon fils, what time is it now?” she checked the clock sitting at the bedside table at it said: 6:01am. “Luna's not awake yet, love,” she said, scratching her forehead and finger-combing her hair. “Mom's still sleepy.”

“I know, Mom. But I really want pancakes for breakfast and Dad left early for work,” the little boy pouted. “You wouldn't wake up so I mentioned Luna..”

“Aw, sorry mon fils. You know that I always sleep late because your little sister cries a lot at night, right? But don't worry, I'll make your favorite pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries on top! Let me wash up first, alright?”

“Sure Mommy!” he said, wearing his biggest smile for his mother.

-

As Yaya served the plate of pancakes on the table with the awaiting Leon sitting, cries from upstairs resounded making her immediately alarmed. “Uh-oh, gotta check up on Luna first mon fils, please finish your food!”

Even before he could nod, Yaya already came rushing upstairs to the nursery room still with her apron. Leon let out a heavy sigh, and nonchalantly started eating. After he finished his breakfast, his Mom hasn't go down yet. Must be busy changing Luna's nappy— or playing with her.

For the first time, he felt sad. It's been a month since Luna was born but he just felt now that it became so different. Normally, Sunday mornings would be spent all day with Mom— or if Dad has no work to do, it's the three of them. Either staying at home watching fantasy movies, or taking a stroll in the park, or travelling to Ayyuthaya or Chiang Mai. It had always been like that.

But this Sunday felt different and it made him sad. First, Dad went to work earlier than usual. Second, Mom didn't watch over him while eating— nor ate brekkie with him. Third, a lot of their attention were now being spent to Luna.

No more, “Leon, our one and only baby.”

Because it's now, “Leon, you're the big brother.”

He pouted as the thoughts started filling his young mind. Leon was smart— and he knew that he's feeling jealous over his baby sister, and it's not right. But he can't help it. He loved his parents' attention and love, after all. It's just that, he's not yet used to the fact that he's not the only child now. There's two of them.

“Ohoooy, why is my handsome son pouting early in the morning?” he quickly raised his head when he heard his Dad, with his casual clothes, now standing at him.

“Dad!” he jumped off his seat and hurriedly ran to Nadech to hug him. “I thought you're at work!”

Nope, I just went out to check on something. It's Family day today.” he shuffled his hair. “What's with the hugging? Huh, luk? (child)

“I just missed you, Por,” he replied, still not breaking the hug.

“Aw, you're being sweet my boy.”

“Aren't I before?”

“Not really, Leon,” he joked which made Leon pull away from the long embrace. “Just kidding, man! Where is Mommy and Luna, by the way?

“Uhm, upstairs,” he answered with a timid smile.

“Oh, okay, I'll check your sister and Mom, okay? Wait for us here.”

He nodded before watching his Dad made his way to the second floor. Again, he can't have all the attention of his parents.

-

Nadech quietly walked towards Yaya, who was playing with Luna on the crib.

“Good morning, teerak!” he blurted out as he hugged the back of his lovely wife— who got taken aback and almost had a mini heart attack. “Hmm, you smell nice.”

“Oh my God, please, don't do that again babe!” she complained as she tried to get off his hold, but since when did she win from her husband? His muscles were made of steel. “Let me go, it's too early.”

I just want to smell you, teerak.”

“We just freaking--”

“And?”

“Not in front of our innocent angel, please. Get your hands off meeee,” she cried out, hitting his biceps wrapped around her small waist. Yes, she had her figure back again in just a month.

“Okay, fine!”

“Oh my God, Leon. What should we do for him today?”

“Hm, I got new movies we could watch.”

“You're the best Dad ever.”

“And you're the best Mom,” he responded. And as when he was about to press a kiss on her lips, the baby cried.

“Luna says no kissing,“ Yaya laughed, her husband rolling his eyes.

-

“We're gonna watch a movie at home?!” Leon asked for the nth time. “The three of us!”

“Oh, the four of us mon fils,” his mom emerged from the kitchen, carrying Baby Luna in her arms. “Your baby sis might wanna watch this new movie you're anticipating for!”

“She will love it for sure, Mommy.” Leon smiled, as a thought lingered on his mind..

This Sunday might not be different at all... because perhaps, it just got better now with an addition.

Tell me your thoughts, feedbacks, reactions! Would love to hear from you. ☺️♥️

I just can't wait 'til Luna grows up and starts to speak but I think I still should add 1-2 chapters where she's still a baby. Lol.

And, let me just share that the inspiration of this book is Naeun and Gunhoo on The Return of Superman (just wait for that concept here *winks*)

It's just that here, Leon is Naeun and Gunhoo is Luna. 😂