°▪2▪°

This chapter is dedicated to yuminaka167 for voting for this story! TY:)

-×-

By no means was Hwanwoong expecting his university life to go in the placid manner he had planned out throughout his childhood.

The hidden agenda behind life was to mold an individual with the cyclic process of ebb and flow and therefore there were bound to be some highs and some pitfalls barring him from attaining his degree.

However, he did not envision for misfortune to shake his stable ground the moment he stepped into the vast university campus.

"'We're sorry for the inconvenience but for it seems that there was a miscalculation on our part. The freshman's dorms are full. However, we have made accommodations for you to share a dorm with a senior."

Limbs jelly and mind still stuck on flight mode after the draining period of travel, Hwanwoong was more than willing to share a dorm with a senior. As long as he had a suitable room that met all the needs he had graciously paid for, who was he to be biased about his unknown roommate?

All he demanded form the other was a considerable amount of peace and privacy.

Armed with plastic key card inserted between his dainty fingers, his mission to find his dorm set into action.

His unusually large and stuffed suitcases garnered unneeded attention from the passersby of his building block.

Unnerved at first, realisation struck the newly arriving freshman surrounded by experienced seniors.

Reddening in the novel environment, he heightened his pace in search of his dorm with a great want to wipe himself off from the passing glances.

The fact that his building was the furthest towards the boundary of the university does not help him and his case and with final grunts and groans along with dropping his key card at the scanner, his strained back attached itself to the welcoming comfort of the unused mattress of his dorm

The summer heat was merciless as always, barring him for closing his eyelids for a few minutes without freshning up. His clothes were sealed shut in his suitcases and he groaned in annoyance of having to unpack each and every one of his belongings.

In time with resistance, his feet hit the hard ground and make their way towards his awaiting luggage.

Shifting around, all his zips lay wide open with his belongings oozing out and fortifying the base surrounding his feet. No time was lost in Hwanwoong tripping over the cable of his laptop charger, his hands helping in stabilising himself while sacrificing his precious album to the floor.

"You've got to be kidding me."

Grumbling with short breaths, Hwanwoong caught the clicking of the key card being inserted in the scanner.

The timing of the universe must despise him.

With all the previously fallen polaroids in his hands, Hwanwoong thought it to be proper to introduce himself, especially in his previously bowing position.

"Hey! Nice to meet you. My name is -"

"I think you may have got the room, buddy. I had specifically asked not to have a roommate."

His frail heart was quick to take a direct blow, unappreciative of the warm welcoming gesture thrown around ruthlessly.

"Actually, I-"

Brushing away his blonde fringe covering his eyes, his gaze lifted to and set to connect with the other male.

Within the spark of a second, recognition bore deep down their widened whites.

"This- this is- I'm dreaming, right?"

The chestnut hair staring back at him, albeit trimmed shorter, matched the same that was engraved in his memories.

The soft pair of eyes that never failed to look upon save for adoration met his own.

The curled set of rose pink lips that always held a gentle doting smile, then, were parted in a heightened disbelief of the seeming illusion before him.

"Yeo- Yeo Hwanwoong?"

"Kim...Youngjo."

//
Hopefully my writing has gotten better :")