CHAPTER 1:THE HEARTTHROB AND HIS BLONDE.

NOTE

Hi Guys,

This book is the first in this series. The first 3 chapters are available here to read  for free, but if you would like to continue the book it's available on Galatea. It's published in many different languages including Turkish, Spanish, French, Brazilian, Polish and Russian.

The second book of this series is also published there too. Enjoy!!

Nat x

Follow me on Instagram for update on upcoming books. natalie_roche_

~~~

I released a sigh as I glanced down at my silver wrist watch and realised the time. 12:15 pm-Could the day go any slower! It feels like it was yesterday when I crawled out of my bed and into this office.

Sitting behind my desk at Knight & Son,I was praying for the day to fly so I could leave here at 6pm and be at Lacey's bar by 6:15pm. I had high hopes!! Lacey's bar was our spot to hang out on Friday night's after a long work week. Our as is in-Carmen,Ethan and I. We've been friends for years.

"Jamie!"Harry Knight's voice called,and I looked up from my computer. I noticed the stack of files that he was carrying in his arms."Do you mind doing some photocopying for me?"

I liked that he asked if I minded even though he was my boss and as his personal assistant I'm supposed to do exactly what he tells me. I've only been working at Knight & Sons for a couple of weeks,but it's obvious how sweet of a man he is. NOT LIKE IN A SEXUAL WAY-GOD NO!! He's in his fifties. He's just easy to work for.

"Sure,that's no trouble."My lips curved into a smile,as I took the files from his hands."I'll get these done ASAP,Mr Knight."

He smiled in return."Thanks,Darling." As Harry turned around to walk away, he turned back around slightly and looked at me."Remember,It's just Harry -Mr Knight is too formal."

I chuckled"Harry,I will get used to that I promise."He walked down the corridor towards the elevators and I got back to my work.

This is going to be a long day!!

I rested my back against the wall and folded my arms over my chest,as I let the photocopier do it's thing. I released a yawn of exhaustion,now feeling the tiredness of 4 hours sleep that I had last night.

I spent most of the night on my couch drinking glass after glass with my best friend/roommate Carmen. She was drowning her sorrows after the dumping of her life-and I was getting drunk on corner shop wine to keep her company. Because you know-That's what best friends do!

I haven't dated much,there's always been that fear of getting hurt-the fear of heart break! That's not saying that I'm a virgin or anything because I'm definitely not that. I've been with a few guys,but the relations that I've had were swift.

I had finished up the photocopying and walked across the office space with a stack of 50 stapled copies in my arms. Give me Strength!! Everyone had gone to lunch already so there was a nice quite instead of the usual sound of chit chat.

I pulled the handle of Mr Knight's office and pushed the door in with my bum since my hands were full. When I turned around I didn't expect to see what I did, Tanned-Toned-Bare Ass of Mason Knight with his trousers half way down his legs as he banged Jen from the finance department on his Father's desk.