CHAPTER 2:GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Glancing down at the time for the hundred time today,I perked up a little when I realised that i had just fifteen minutes left till end of day. Fifteen minutes before I could leave for Lacey's bar-and just thirty before a glass of wine was in my hand.

I've been slaving for Mr Knight all day -Not the Father-But the Son. Since catching the Man bare ass with Office Bitch Jen earlier,he's had me running around like a headless chicken.I knew it was his way of punishing me! It's quite clear that he has it in for me now-but that's okay because I'm not all that fond of him either.

My phone rang on the desk beside my computer,I glanced down and saw that it was an incoming call from Ethan. Why am I not surprised? I'm sure he's checking in to see how long I will be-despite the fact that I don't even clock off for 15 minutes.

"Hello,Ethan!"I chuckled.

"We're at Lacey's already and there's a drink here with your name on it. I hope you're on your way?"Impatient much.

"I'm not finished work yet,6 incase you forgot!"I picked up my leather black bag. My designer one that my parents spoiled me with last Christmas. I threw my things into it and started getting ready to leave.

"Hurry-Carmen has only had one drink and she's already being a huge pain in my ass."He chuckled,over the phone. I could hear Carmen's cheery voice in the background giving out.

Those Two!!

"Alright,I'm leaving soon. You're not going to believe the nightmare of a day I've had. I have so much to.."I was interrupted mid way through my sentence by the clearing of a throat from behind me.

Oh Crap-It's him!!

I turned around and saw him standing by my desk,arms folded across his chest and the most pissed off expression on his face. My heart was racing in my chest and my cheeks were scorching with embarrassment.

"I have to go-See you soon."I hung up the phone before Ethan even had the chance to reply. I stood on shaky legs not knowing what to say or do."Um,Is everything okay,Mr Knight?"

He glared at me for a few seconds before parting his lips to speak."I'm going to need you to work a late one tonight, Jamie. There's some work that needs doing for Monday morning.

"But I.."

"But you what?"He interrupted."Have better things to do than to save your job? Don't make the mistake of getting on my bad side twice in one day,Jamie. It won't end well for you."

Prick!! He's punishing me big time!

I have plans that I have no choice but to cancel them now. I really need this job and I think he knows it. I'm under his thumb in this office."Okay-Um,Sure. I can stay."

He handed me a small binder of pages that he was holding in one hand."Fifty copies-But I'm sure you're okay with that."He smirked."Make it snappy would you? I have appointments that I need you to set up after that.

I mustered a smile under his gaze. I was trying to show him that I wasn't bothered by him,which of course I was. I'm going to have to text the others and tell them that I'm running late. Mason Knight can't keep me here that long.

Mason turned around and walked towards his office. He turned around and looked at me before he reached his door."By the way-No personal phone calls during office hours,Jamie.
I hope I won't have to warn you again about that."

Of course Mr Knight made sure to say it loud enough so that everyone in the office heard him. Adding on the extra embarrassment. New Girl in the office is in trouble with the BIG BAD BOSS!!