Chapter two: Home again

Y/N gulped nervously as Charlie opened the door to her old house. Charlie held Y/N's hand gently as they walked into the house. Y/N laid their head on Charlie's shoulder as they walked. Charlie looked at Y/N and rolled her eyes playfully at their actions. She kissed their cheek gently. Y/N looked at their girlfriend kindly. To say Y/N felt uncomfortable being in the old and abandoned house would be a understatement, they felt like something was going to jump out and attack them. Charlie could see the fear in Y/N's eyes. "Don't worry Y/N, if anything happens, I'll protect you." She said as she patted their head gently.

"Protecting you is supposed to be my job." Y/N said to her. Charlie couldn't help but giggle. Even when they were five years old, Y/N would always be so protective of Charlie. Always protecting her from spiders, mice, broken glass, hot metal and even the animatronics of her father's business.

"Well let me protect you today." Charlie said kindly and rubbed Y/N's cheek gently and pecked their lips. Y/N smiled at her actions and what she said.

Charlie and Y/N looked around the old and dusty house. It looked like the inside of a hunted house only without the haunting. A few mice scampered away as the two walked around.

"I remember this place being much bigger." Y/N joked. Charlie chuckled a small bit at Y/N's joke. Charlie couldn't remember much about her home but their were those little special memories she had about her childhood. The furniture in the living room was still in place. Y/N and Charlie then noticed that the house was large for all the furniture.

"Wow, this place is pretty large. The coffee table is to far from the couch and the chair is so far across the room that it would be impossible to try and carry on a conversation." Y/N said. He walked over the chair and walked back to the couch. Y/N looked around the room

Y/N rubbed the back of their head gently and kept on looking around. So far none of the things that they feared would happen, happened. They walked into the kitchen, Y/N coughed loudly at the wave of dust that hit them face first. "Well, safe to say the cleaning lady hasn't shown up in seven to ten years." Y/N chuckled and looked around. The kitchen was a bit small, it looked about as big as three closets, only big enough for about two people. Y/N tried to think of a clever and funny joke to go with the kitchen, all they got out was "This a kitchen or closet?" Y/N said.

They kept walking around the kitchen. Y/N tried to open the kitchen door to see if Charlie's father left food in the fridge, for so reason. They didn't want any food, just wanted to see if anything was on there. However, that turned out to be a mistake when the door let out a ear piercing scratching sound. Y/N immediately closed the door. "I'm guessing it's too rusty." Y/N said. They then decided to look in the dish washer. To Y/N's surprise, there were still a few dishes in there.

"Ok first off, who leaves a house abandoned and leaves their dishes in the dish washer?" Y/N said and pulled out some of the dishes. "It's not stealing if nobody wants them or they are left abandoned for quite some time." Y/N remembered their bother saying that one time.

"Hey Charlie, do you still want these dishes? I understand if not, but there's no point in leaving perfectly good dishes in the middle of a house nobody will buy." Y/N said.

No response. Y/N looked behind them, Charlie wasn't there. "How come I didn't notice she was gone till now?" Y/N asked themselves. They looked in the living room, Charlie wasn't there. "Charlie?" Y/N called out. "Yes?" Charlie's voice called out from upstairs. Y/N took a breath of relief.

While Y/N was looking around the living room and kitchen, Charlie decided to check out her old room. The last time she had been in that house, she was about seven years old and it was also dark and almost everything felt wrong. She remembered being carried up the stairs, she remembered her Aunt Jen carrying her inside, shielding face from what was inside of the house.