Happy Birthday Honey

It was an Early morning in Chicago, 6 to 7 am, Andy was attempting to make breakfast. It ended up being Ceral with over-poured sugar along with burnt toast with to much butter. Andy began down the hall with the Breakfast he made on a see-through tray.

"Mommy, Mommy wake up!" He entered his Moms room, spilling over poured milk in the ceral all over the carpet and wood floor. "Mommy wake up!" He made it over to his mothers end table and set the see through tray down near the lamp. He then succeeded to hop onto his mothers bed a pounce on her. Karen forced her eyes open to see her beautiful baby Boy with brown straight short hair along with his favorite good guy overalls.

"Andy its six in the morning." Karen groaned out. Andy opened the curtains, followed by his small voice. "But it's a beautiful day outside." Karen smiled at his short but cute sentence. She used one of her arms to lean her head against on "How long have you been up birthday boy?" Karen said with a tired smile. "Since forever!" Andy replied.

"I made you breakfast in bed!" Karen forced a smile on her face, knowingly as a mother he probably made a mess. "You did?" She said real happy as Andy handed her the tray. Karen was set up all the way as she took the tray.

"Well uh, this is just great! I'll tell you what right now ill just eat this later and I can give your birthday tummy gummy!" Andy smiled yet shook his head blushing in embarrassment. "Come here!" Karen said and grabbed Andy "No!" Andy screamed happily. She blew a raspberry on Andys stomach as Andy strongly giggled.

"Happy Birthday baby." She quietly and calmly now said. "Thanks. Can I go open presents now?" Andy replied with a smile on his face. He had now crawled on top of her while she ran her fingers through his hair.

"Of course." She replied smiling "Terrific!" Andy said dragging the r's out. He managed to hop over off the bed and ran to the living room where the T.V was still on and two presents over at the window-couch.

One of the presents was large, while the other was small. Andy could see the small outline of a good guy box in the big one, he had been obsessed with good guys, and when the doll was finally out, he couldn't help but ask for it.

Karen went over to the T.V. cutting off a women on the news. "Last night Charles Lee Ray was shot a-". Karen went over to Andy who was over at his gifts.

"So which one do you wanna open first?" Karen said. Andy immediately went over and grabbed the big one, being smaller than the box itself, he lowered it to the ground not being able to hold it anymore.

Karen nodded signaling for him to open it. He smiled and started ripping off the wrapping paper. He was disappointed only to find clothes. "These will fit good on you! We'll try them on and-" she stopped to look up at Andys face, which was facing down at the ground.

"Oh, I see, you want some toys don't you?" Andys head rised up to those words. He smiled as Karen handed him the other smaller box. He ripped off the wrapping paper on the smaller box to reveal a good guys tool box. "I want a good guy to go with it." Andy said. "I know Andy but I didn't know in time to save up for it." Andy looked down again disappointed.

Later on that day Karen dropped Andy off at school and went to work. Her day was normal until her best friend, Maggie ran up to her. "Karen! Karen!" She turned her head to see Maggie "You know that doll Andy wanted?" Maggie said pausing a little each second to catch her breath. "There's a pedler in the Ally, i think he's saleing it for less." Maggie said, again catching her breath every few seconds.

"Maggie, I can't just leave my station. I-" Maggie interrupted Karen "Do you want the damn doll or don't you?" She said now tugging on her arm to follow her. "Alright alright!" She managed to barely lay her pen down and close her book before Maggie dragged her outside.

Maggie looked around for the peddler. "There!" She finally pointed out. He was tall, a large black coat along with a Black watch cap hat. He had a grocery cart, and right in the front was a good guy box, along with the good guy inside.

Maggie dragged Karen over to the man. "Okay show her." She said. The man then pulled out the good guy box to reveal the whole thing. "Well is it a good guy or not?" Maggie asked. "It is, it is!" Karen replied.

"That'll be 50 bucks." The peddler said. "Oh no you don't! You said 20!" Maggie replied with a emotion of Anger. "Alright then ill keep it." The peddler replied "I'll take it!" Karen replied. She wasn't loosing this opportunity. "Karen! It's to much money!"

Before Maggie could stop her, Karen gave the money to the peddler and put the good guys box under her arm. "Thank you, this will bring your kid lots of joy." The peddler said, beginning to walk off. "Hey! Hey! How do we know the damn thing isn't stolen?!?" Maggie yelled down the ally at the man. "Steal this!" The man shouted back at her turning around to face Maggie then turning back. "Oh steal this yourself!" Maggie yelled back at him.

"I think I dated him." Maggie said, Karen giggling at her. As they went back inside Karen and Maggies boss was there at Karens desk, waiting for them to come back. "Enjoy your break Mrs. Barclay?" He said as the girls both walked up to him. "Oh relax Walter we were just getting her Son a little Birthday gift." Maggie said pinching his cheeks and talking in a baby tone.

"We have specified breaks for that Mrs. Peterson." He then turned to Karen "Mrs.Barclay, a worker called in sick and you'll have to cover for her tonight." Both Karen and Maggie were disappointed at that.

"Wait a minute ill cover for her." Maggie said "Mrs. Peterson, you work in jewelry." Walter said. "But its my sons birthday." Karen said sadly. "You can go home at 5 but you have to be back by 7." Walter said. "But i-" Karen started. "Mrs. Barclay do you like your job?" Walter said. "Hey, chill out would ya walter?" Maggie butted in. She turned to Karen. "Ill take care of Andy."

Later when Karen got home. Andy began to run to the living room but was stopped by Karen, what he didn't notice was the big brown box in her arms. "Where ya going?" Karen asked. "Good guys are on T.V." he said shyly. Karen then walked up to him with the big brown box in her arms, handing it to him. "This isn't groceries"

Hi guys! Just a quick little note before I publish this and start on chapter 2. I just wanted to say that this is my first book ever im writing, and I'm still learning so please don't judge. Thanks!
-Zozo
-Word count 1236