3.

"Why'd you really kick them out?," Rikey asked, frowning. "We aren't busy,"

They were seated at the bay window. Maya hadn't said a word since the boys left, but she was frowning.

"Why does she have to be dating Farkle?" She started, hands balled into fists. "She could be dating anyone, and she chooses Farkle?,"

Maya suddenly stood up and Riley watched her with wide eyes.

She was confused. What's wrong with Faekle?

"Maya, what are you talking abour? What's wrong with Farkle-?,"

Maya put her hands on her head.

"Nothing! Nothing is wrong with Farkle! I just- isn't she gay? Why is she dating Farkle? Farkle's a BOY!,"

She started to pace, walking in cicles aeound the rug.

Riley let that sink in.

'Isn't she gay?'

Is that why Maya was so upset.. was she....gay?

Riley's eyes widened. How did she not see it before?

"Oh my God, Maya... you're jealous," Her voice was softer now- gentle.

Maya whipped around, eyebrows raised in shock.

"I'm sorry, what? I am not jealous of her! I-,"

"No," Riley shook her head. "That... that's not what I meant,"

Maya paused and shook her head.

"Riles, what are you talking about?,"

Did she not even realise it herself?

Riley stood up and walked over to her, placing her hands on the older girls shoulders to steady her.

"You're jealous of Farkle,"

At first, Maya scoffed a laugh and rolled her eyes.

Then she looked at Riley and Riley just looked back... and then Maya's eyes began to water...

"I-I'm not jealous, I'm not- I'm not gay I-,"

Riley pulled her into a hug ans squeezed her tightly.

"It's okay if you are, Maya,"

Maya hugged her back and blinked away her tears.

"I-I don't know if-if I am or not... I just know that I-I... I like her," She shook her head.

"And-and I don't know what to do, Riley... what do I do?,"

Riley didn't know the answer to that. This was new to the both of them, she had no idea how to handle this situation.

"I... I don't know, Peaches," She pulled back and reached up, smoothing out Maya's hair.

"But it's going to be okay, I promise, Okay?,"

Maya took a breath and nodded

She trused Riley, if she said something was going to be okay, then it would be.

"Okay,"

_____

Farkle watched Cameron curiously as she braided her hair.

After what felt like hours of begging, he finally convinced her to get out of bed and go to the park with him, to try and lift her spirits.

And now she finishing doing her hair.

Farkle love her hair. It was soft and big and poofy and he loved to tug on her curls and make them bounce.

Watching her style it was always interesting to him.

She frowned, looking at herself in the mirror intently.

She gathered the two braids into what she told Farkle was called a 'puff' and tied ir off with a hair tie.

"I hate my hair so much, my fuck,"

Her frequent use of profanity stopped shocking him a month into their relationship, now he just rolls with it.

"I like your hair," He grabbed her hand and led her out of her bedroom.

"That's only because it's on my head, not yours," She pointed out. "I wanna cut it all off,"

Farkle looked at her. "Why don't you?,"

She snorted. "And give Pops a heart attack? No thanks, he already has high blood pressure as it is,"

"Who has high blood pressure?,"

Harvey looked over at them from his spot on the couch, TV remote in hand and a box of Chinese takeout on the coffee table.

"You do, old man," Cameron thunked him on the head. "We're going to the park,"

He swatted her away.

'First, I am not old, I'm a crisp 47," He reached for his takeout.

"Second, have her home before dark,"

That last part was pointed at Farkle.

Farkle stood up straight and saluted him. "Yes, sir!,"

Cameron rolled her eyes at the both of them and pulled Farkle towards the front door.

"Bye, love you! Keep eating like that you'll get diabetes~!,"

Harvey swallowed his bite of Lo mein.

"Love you too, shuddup~!,"

Cameron stuck her tongue out at him and shut the door.

"It's nice that you can joke around like that, I can't do that with my parents,"

Mostly because they were never home, but he didn't add that.

"No, I'm serious," She zipped up her jacket. "All the greasy foods that man eats, I'm surprised he doesn't have like- a shit ton of acne,"

Farkle laughed at that.

-

Word Count- 782.

(Cameron's hairstyle is in the media)

I meant to write this yesterday but I recently got two ferrets and let me tell you, it's like having two toddlers that never grow up lmao.

But here ya go! Sorry it's so short, I guess this counts as a filler chapter?

This takes place the same day as chapter 2, just in case that was confusing to anyone :).

Prepare yourselves for some teenage angst and family drama, cause it's coming soonnnn lol.

Do you guys think the story is progressing too fast? Should I do more filler chapters like this to build up to the good stuff?

Let me know~