6.

That night, Cameron texted Farkle about the talk between her and her uncle.

It was a weird talk. She could tell Harvey was confused, but he was also really accepting.

A little too accepting.

He asked if she wanted a 'weiner' and she promptly told him to never refer to it as a 'weiner' again.

But she did ask if she could get top surgery in the near future, and after explaining what it was, Harvey agreed. But not anytime soon though.

She couls tell he had it in the back of his mind that this was all a phase. That she was still his little girl.

Girl. She hadn't brought up changing pronouns, but the more times she was referred to as a 'she', the more she hated being born one.

Baby steps, she'd bring it up eventually.

A message from Farkle brought her out of her thoughts.

Honeypie 💕- Riley wants to know if you wanna hang out tomorrow at her mom's cafe?

Cameron answered back almost immediately. She didn't have any plans, her and Harvey didn't really get out much together. And she knew he wouldn't mind, he liked her getting out of the house.

She texted back 'Sure'.

Farkle was a little surprised at that, and was actually hoping she'd say no. He knew it was going to be a little awkward, considering how long he kept their relationship a secret.

But hopefully it wouldn't be too bad.

-

~Sunday~

"If you didn't wanna come, then why are we here?," Cameron asked as her and Farkle walked down the stairs leading to Topanga's.

Farkle sighed. "It's not that I didn't want come, I just... It's going to be awkward,"

Cameron squeezed his hand reassuringly. "Well then let's go be awkward, I'm hungry,"

Her uncle gave her twenty dollars and she was going to spent it on pie And something for Farkle of course.

Farkle smiled and led her into the cafe.

She'd never actually been there before, but she heard the cakes and pies were good. And Cameron loves pie.

When they entered the cafe', Farkle's friends were already there.

Farkle led Camerom to the longue area amd they sat down next to Zay ans Lucas on the couch.

"Hi! I'm Riley!," Riley reached over and extended her hand to Cameron.

Cameron shook her hand. "I'm Cameron,"

Riley went around and introduced everyone, and everyone gave rheir own greetings.

So far this wasn't as awkward as Farkle thought it would be.

Topanga walked over with a tray of pie, and Cameron's eyes lit up.

"Here's some 'dud' pies, they're too beat up to sell so I thought 'why not give them to the teenagers that never leave'," She explained and teased, placing the pie tray on the table along with some paper plates and forks.

There were a bunch of different pies on the tray, shaped to form a makeshift pie.

They all thanked her and Farkle passed around the plates and forks.

Cameron immediately went for the pumpkin pie and the others all picked out their own that they thought look good.

"So um- how did you two meet anyway?," Lucas decided he'd start a conversation.

Cameron cleared her throat. It was suddenly very itchy.

"Uh- we met after school when-," She covered her mouth to cough. "When he was waiting for his parents to pick him up and I was waiting for my uncle,"

She was suddenly really hot and her throat felt like it was on fire.

"Are... are you okay? Your face is really red," Zay fronwed.

Everyone turned to look at Cameron. Her cheeks were red and it was starting to spread to her neck.

Topanga, who heard the commotion, came over and placed her hand on Cameron's forehead.

"Oh honey, you're burning up! What pie did you eat? Are you allergic to anything?," She asked. She picked uo Cameron's plate of half eaten pie and looked it over.

"U-um I ate the pumpkin one, ma'am an-and I'm- I'm allergic to mangoes," Camerom swallowed thickly and cleared her throat again.

Topanga's eyes went wide. "Oh boy,"

She quickly took off her apron and grabbed her purse from the counter.

"What? It was a pumpkin pie, right?," Farkle asked, his hand patting Cameron's back as she continued to cough.

"Yes, a pumpkin pie dusted with mangoe powder," She explained.

Everyone's eyes went wide and Topanga knelt down to Cameron's level.

"Who dusts a pumpkin pie with mango powder?!," Maya exclaimed, staring at Topanga like she had lost her mind.

"I thought it would be a nice touch, okay?!," Topanga shouted before turning her attention back to Cameron.

The redness was spreading down her neck and she was taking really deep breaths.

"How bad is your allergy, honey?,"

Cameron cleared her throat again. "U-um it can get to the point that my throat clo-closes up-,"

She suddenly went into a coughing fit placed her hand on her chest in panic.

"Okay yeah, let's get you to a hospital!,"

Topanga and Farkle helped Cameron stand up and they began to lead her out the door.

"Uh- Riley, you're in charge of the cafe until I get back!,"

They were out the door before Riley could protest.

Her eyes were wide and she leaned back into her seat.

"Our first time meeting Farkle's girlfriend and she almost dies and now I own a cafe',"

Zay held up a finger. "Uh- I don't think this means you own-,"

Maya held up a hand. "Just- let her process things,"

-

Word Count- 925.

I feel like I'm not building up to the drama enough, like it all happens too fast :/.

What do you guys think?

Also, how am I doing at writing the characters personalities? Do they sound like they do on the show? I'm trying to keep them as in character as possible, but I haven't watched the show in a while.