Prologue

Close as Strangers

Prologue

Bella's POV

Since the day I have a mind of my own, I have wished to become a princess. A perfect royal blooded princess, who wore the most amazing ball gown, a cute little tiara sitting on top of her head, a rather ginormous and old-fashioned castle to live in, and most of all, a prince who would sweep her off her feet one day. I may sound pathetic to your ears, but that is my dream.

I often found myself dreaming of my prince charming. I don't know why, but I kept seeing green eyes and of course a face - something I have never seen in my entire existence. Of all the people I knew, I got a mysterious prince haunting my dreams every night. As much as I wanted it to be real, I was afraid that I would end up crying and hating myself for expecting it to be true.

'Cause it's just too good to be true. I thought to myself.

Besides, this girl, Isabella Marie Fox with a height of 5'4", chocolate brown eyes and a hint of dusty gold rimming her irises, curly brown hair with streaks of red highlights, button-like nose, a slightly pouted lips, highly proportioned cheekbones and pale complexion, would not even qualify a beauty pageant, least a royal princess.

Oh God, I am so miserable. I stared at my appearance in front of the oversized mirror inside my bedroom. I actually have a short and not overly thin body. I am smart, that's for sure, and I practiced a proper posture and etiquette, like the royal people do. Though, I couldn't hide the fact that I would occasionally trip through thin air.

My father, Matteo, was a lawyer in our hometown, Forks, living with my housewife mother, Julliana. I don't even know if you recognized that town, but it rains a lot... like really, I would consider it a miracle if there's even a sunny day in at least one month. I hated the rain. The smell of Earthly organisms when it rained would usually trigger my senses.

I can smell it, alright. That's my usual thought when people would look at me funny, saying they couldn't even smell it. What can I say, I have a heightened sense of smell.

I remembered, when I was only twelve, my dad built me a yellow tree house in our backyard. Mom bought a gown and a sparkling tiara, dressed me prettily, and she took pictures. Those were the best birthday gifts I have ever received. They loved me, and I of course loved them, too. My parents were supportive of me, in my decisions, even in my fantasy-like dreams.

When I turned college, the University of New York, the only faraway school I applied to, sent me a letter. To say I was ecstatic would be the greatest understatement of that day. I couldn't stop jumping and screaming "I passed!" at the top of my lungs. Although it was a tough goodbye for both my parents and I, they said that it was a chance I should never pass away.

I left Forks a month before the opening of classes, found a cheap but comfy apartment, enrolled, and bought my school supplies. For the first few months, I studied so hard, proving that the person they gave a scholarship to was worthy of it. God, it's NYU, and I only dreamed of studying there before, but now I already did.

I would go home to Forks once a year, 'cause money was tight those past years. I would spend Christmas vacations with them. I pursued my Bachelor of Laws, following the footsteps of my father. Being a lawyer was one of my dreams, and being a princess was another. I have accepted the fact that the latter would never come true, so I settled for the first one.

And one fateful day, imagine my surprise when I met this handsome, gorgeous man while I was... well, at the edge of a public bridge and mortified beyond repair. I fell in love under a silly first meeting with no other than a freaking PRINCE of all people in the world!

A/N: Hiii, everyone! I'm starting a new story yet again, I just can't shut down my brain when plot lines started forming in my head. I just like to have this opportunity to give my shout out to my friend Caitlin or known as @Mr_and_Mrs_Cullen here in wattpad. She and I talked, and she's the reason I got the courage to post. She is an amazing writer, so please check her stories and leave her some love with your comments! Anyways, how is this prologue? I'm sure you're itching for another? Tell me your thoughts! :)

Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT

See yah!

xoxo