Chapter 3

Close as Strangers

Chapter 3

Bella's POV

        Time seemed to slow down on each of my classes. Thankfully there's only two subjects for my morning class and one later in the afternoon after lunch. I kept on glancing on my wrist watch, not even knowing why I was so conscious of the time. Maybe the fact that my brain kept on thinking about Edward saying he's going to see me later, answered the butterflies swimming in my belly.

        I got two pages of my notebook full of notes, but technically, my mind was full of a gorgeous, handsome face. Suffice to say, my notebook learned a lot, but my pathetic brain got nothing at all. Shouldn't people with crushes get so inspired, they could fly like a bird? Ugh, You're not having a crush, Bella! I scolded myself. Studies first, love life later.

        The bell rang, I fixed my things, placing them inside my knapsack. I know that Angela was having her lunch right now at the cafeteria, since her classes would start after lunch. I know, she got early for school knowing that her schedule for the day would start after lunch. Brilliant friend of mine. I lined, getting my own tray from the table to purchase my food.

        Too much butterflies, you would think I ate already. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't choose and eat properly with all of the nerves radiating off my body. I got a bottle of lemonade and an apple for my lunch, 'cause I wasn't really in the mood to eat like a man today. I gotta be a good little girl like other students who were eating small amounts of food.

        As soon as Angela spotted me looking around the cafeteria, she waved her hand, smiling excitedly to me. I grinned back, walking to where she was seated. I sat down across her chair, started picking on my apple, but not eating completely. She already finished eating her lunch, so she stuck her nose and big eye glasses on her romance pocket book.

        I opened the cap of my lemonade, drinking at least two to three gulps. My throat didn't seem to agree with me, though, because I felt like puking what I had drank. I calmed myself, breathing evenly, but not letting Angela see how nervous and anxious I was for unknown and unconfirmed reason at all. I wasn't like this kind of girl, not until I met Edward anyway.

        "Are you gonna tell me what's bothering you?" Angela asked, putting her book down the table.

        So much for not letting her know. I thought.

        "Uh, I... I met a really handsome man! I don't know, Angela! We first saw each other while I was tiptoeing on the bridge, you know, the one closest to the school. I wasn't going to commit suicide, but he thought I want to, then saved me like a damsel in distress. He's also riding a friggin limo! God, Ange, I also talked to him before I went to my first class. What is this I'm feeling now? I felt so lost..."

        "Are you done rambling?"

        "Uh, sorry, but in summary, he's so freaking handsome!" I squealed like an elementary student.

        "By freaking handsome you mean...?" She arched her eyebrows, waiting for my response. And by response, I meant describing him from head to toe.

        "He has this crazy bronze hair, dazzling green eyes..." I trailed off, not really knowing how to describe his perfect features.

        "You got that dreamy face again," she pointed out, giggling to herself.

        "What do you mean 'again?' I asked, confused as to why she would say the word again.

        I hadn't been walking with a dreamy face, right? Ugh, I must've looked dumb.

        "You're frowning again, Bella. I meant that I had seen you glowing this morning before class, and now I know why." She smiled warmly, and I once again saw why I love my best friend.

        "Oh God, Ange! Don't tell me I had a silly grin on my face?!" I was freaking out, afraid that Edward had seen right through me earlier.

        Really smart, Bella. My overly sarcastic mind said.

        "Had?" she asked, "You still have it until now, Bella!"

        "Ange! Be serious!" I whined, though I didn't know why I was making a big deal out of the situation.

        "I think you're falling for him," Angela stated thoughtfully.

        "Who falls in love with the person they first met?" I twirled the cap of my lemonade repeatedly, still very anxious to hear Angela's answer.

        "Bella, you're such an old school. For God's sake, we're in the twenty-first century!" She rolled her eyes.

        "B-b-but!"

        "No, buts! It's called love at first sight, ya know. And don't try to deny it and argue with me! We both know I'm gonna win this."

        Ugh, I hated my best friend! I mean, not because she's correct that I fell for Edward. Gosh, I didn't even know anything except his name, and I just fell head over heels in love with him? You're just afraid Angela is correct. Yeah, my conscience just talked to me. But no, I wasn't falling for him. I admit that he was beyond handsome and perfect, nothing could ever compare to him, but that's all - PERIOD.

        "Oh God!" Jessica, another friend of ours, came skipping to our table like a little girl.

        Jessica and Angela were taking the same course - Bachelor of Arts, but they weren't really that close Besides, Jessica was like a walking typhoon, and I hated her guts. We're friends, yeah, but nowhere near best friends. She was a gossiper, I felt like she should take courses related to a newscaster; surely it would fit her characteristics.

        "Hi, Jess, what's up?" Angela asked coolly, 'cause she's a good girl with polite manners.

        Jessica squealed and squealed, I was surprised my eardrums were still functioning. "I just got a glimpse of the prince!"

        Angela and I quickly stood up, listening to her incessant rambles.

        "Woah, please slow down." I said, calming her.

        Angela grabbed the phone from her hands while I acted like a freaking nurse, letting her sit down and relax. Heck, she was so red from talking so fast; I was sure she forgot to breathe.

        "Bella," Angela called, but her tone was so careful, it made me so anxious again.

        "Yeah?"

        "You said that the guy you met has this crazy bronze hair and green eyes, right?"

        "Yes, he does."

        "And he rides a limo, too, right?" Okay, this was seriously freaking me out.

        "Yep."

        "Is this the one you're talking about?" She showed me a picture, the exact replica of Edward.

        "Yes! How did Jessica get it?

        "He's the prince Jessica was talking about, Bella."

        "Oh, okay... wait, COME AGAIN?!"

        HE'S THE WHAT?! Seriously, I felt like fainting.

A/N: Tsk, tsk, tsk... Poor Bella didn't even realized she had been talking to the prince. Haha! I love you, guys and your overly amazing reviews from the previous chapter! I bet the next and upcoming chapters are about to get exciting! Drop your fantastic reviews now, 'cause they entirely make me smile and laugh inside and out. No updates for this week 'till next Monday because I'm leaving for my Youth Camp! I hope this makes up for my entire absence. :D

Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT

See yah!

xoxo