Chapter 38:

*i decided to change the point of view, i know it's pretty late in, but it's sort of difficult to continue to write in first person. i really hope you guys don't mind! also, my apologies for the late update, my illness had arisen again unexpectedly, and it had caused me to get a different medication, it's just a mess... but please enjoy!*

You felt your heart drop. You didn't want this to be the end, you had a fulfilling life to get back to. You wanted to see your husband's face one last time, you wanted to feel him one more time. Alas, you were stuck in the wretched clutches of one of the most evil men you've ever had the luck to meet. His grasp tightened on you, your shoulder blades up against his chest. You shuddered, you wanted to find a way to somehow escape, and you wanted to find it as quick as possible. As your luck had it, you simply saw no opportunities to jump free.

"___?!"

You felt your (eye color) hues widen. Had someone really come to your aid? You didn't want to jinx it, so you quickly ceased doubting yourself.

"Yes! Over here, hurry, he'll k-" You didn't even get to choke out a full sentence. You felt Fugaku's calloused hand roughly make its way to your mouth, muffling any sound that came out. "Stupid girl." He spat, his dark eyes peering down at you with clear hatred, his grip on your cheeks tightening, sure to bruise your (skin color) face.

Madara ran through the halls, now, all of his attention on rescuing you. His heavy boots echoed through the bleak halls, the long corridor seeming to get longer as he attempted to reach you. Your frail voice wasn't a great indicator of where you were located, but he made it a goal to save you. "Fucker. Who would hurt her..? She doesn't really make any enemies with anyone." Madara said, his long hair trailing behind his strong shoulders and splaying across his back as he continued to dart throughout the hallway.

You still tried to thrash your way out of Fugaku's iron clasp on your mouth and body. But, seeing as you had never really fought anyone, nor trained to do so, you of course would fall short in the strength department. Well, when you had a weapon of choice, you could fend off whoever would try to put you in harms way. Of course, you had zero weapons on you. Maybe because you didn't think that you'd get attacked in a hospital?

Muffled cries left your partially chapped lips, all falling short to the barrier between you, and whoever was out to save you. You didn't really know whose voice called your name, but it sounded very familiar. It had to be Shisui, it could even be Obito as well.

So many turned corners. Every nook and cranny of this damn hospital looked the same. Madara still continued to run. He felt like he owed this to you. He wanted- no, needed, to save you. It could even be his fault that you're in this predicament in the first place. He squinted his dark eyes, he saw two figures far from his current location, a tall person with a smaller one against their body. He crept through the halls slowly, making sure not to alert anyone of him being there.

As he got closer, Madara saw you, trapped against Fugaku. "That son of a bitch..." Madara whispered, trying to maneuver his way to the back of Fugaku, or any blind spot the man had. The shiny floor squeaked, Fugaku quickly turned around to see who was behind him. Madara jumped behind a well placed house plant, his spiky hair making it difficult to blend in. His chest heaved heavy breaths, he couldn't imagine what would happen if he managed to get caught, Fugaku had a massive trump card over him, of course, that advantage was you being trapped in his grasp. He could use his Sharingan... But he knew the risks that were involved in using any visual prowess, or even Ninjutsu. People just got too sensitive and had outgrew using such techniques, so, the Kage's made it completely illegal to use any techniques in their lands. If anyone had seen someone using these powerful moves, they'd be thrown in jail, or maybe even the Anbu would come after them. It's a serious offence, though it's confusing, seeing as nearly the entire world was using Ninjutsu a couple of years ago...

"Hey!" Madara yelled, jumping out of his awful hiding spot. Fugaku turned to see him, smiling like an insane man when he saw who it is. "Madara..? I never would've expected you to come to this woman's side." He said, squeezing you even harder. You whimpered in his arms, your ribcage pressing uncomfortably against his hard embrace. "Madara?" You said, though, it sounded more like 'mphmh?' than his actual name. This man was always so cold to you, he never cared about you, or he has a very shitty way of showing so.

"Yes, I know you're surprised to see me. And I guess that can be said for the both of you, no?" He said, flashing a petty smirk your way. You couldn't come up with, or even say, a comeback, so you just growled and furrowed your brows. Even when your life was on the line, he found a way to poke fun at you. Madara laughed loudly, swiping away a stray tear that fell from his eye hidden behind his heap of hair. "It's amusing to tease you." Madara said, rolling up the sleeves of his purple turtleneck. "Though I guess," He cracked his knuckles and neck, giving a small stretch. "Now isn't quite the time for teasing, is it?" He said, all of the emotion suddenly vanishing from his face, his dark brow arched to show how serious he was. He evened out his breathing, closing his eyes.

"Fight me."

You nearly wheezed, he wanted to fight?! Fugaku released you, pushing you to the ground. "If you move, I won't hesitate to kill you this time. It seems my pride is on the line as the leader of many companies. And the leader of this foolish man before us." He said, brushing his hairs to the side, tucking some hair behind his ears. "I hate that I have to agree with this scum! Madara, you'll get yourself killed..." You yelled, backing up against the walls, your head softly hitting the surface behind you.

"Don't underestimate me, woman. You haven't seen me fight before, right?" Madara said, pausing, putting on a weird face. "Unless you've been spying on me..?" He whispered. "It's not a time to say idiotic things like that, focus on your enemy, you dumbass!" You complained, the hope that he would defeat Fugaku quickly draining out of you. You had no clue as to why he was joking around at such a time. He was never the one to play around like this, especially when he was always so serious.

You didn't know it, but it was a sorry excuse of a coping mechanism for the male after losing his dear friend. 'Sorry ___. Itachi, this ones for you. I'll defend your wife even if it means my death. Even though we barely got along, she was pleasant to be around. She doesn't deserve to die here. Not now, not while I'm still here to make sure that anything you hold dear won't just be wiped out. ' He thought, turning his head towards the ceiling.

He raised his hand, beckoning Fugaku to come to him. He scoffed, clearly offended that he couldn't even offer words out. He ran to him, balling his fist tightly, ready to swing. Madara simply sidestepped him, running to where you were, backed up and scared against the wall.

"Come."

You looked up, seeing his arm stretched out to you. You had no words in your brain. You were essentially speechless. He made a small disappointed noise. "So slow." He muttered, taking your soft hand in his slightly rougher one, gently pulling you to your feet. He hauled you over his broad shoulders, his arm resting dangerously close to your bottom. "Watch it." You hissed, your eyes narrowing at him. "Besides, why don't you just bring me to the others? It'd be much easier for the both of us..." You sighed, your arms dangling over Madara. "Are you comfortable?" He asked, keeping his eye on Fugaku, who accidentally had fallen over when Madara dodged his attack, still stunned on how he was able to do such a thing. "No, why would I be?" You replied, staring at the ground.

Madara shifted you in his arms, placing your head against his chest, your body still in his arms. He carried you as if you were his bride. "This pose... Its embarrassing." You mumbled, looking up at him. He didn't reply, his visible eye on Fugaku, who was getting up.

"You..." Fugaku started, again, dashing towards the both of you. "I've been itching for a fight. You're no weakling, boss. I've wanted to beat the shit out of you for so long, ever since time hit the one year mark of you stealing my job from me." He hissed, his grip tightening on you defensively.

Your arms went around Madara's neck, your head resting against him. You were so exhausted. And the thoughts of your husband quickly rushed back inside of your head, nearly pushing you over the edge.

"Don't worry. I'll win."