The flames in his eyes he doesn't want to show

Kanao Tsuyuri's POV

I'm breathing heavily as I shakingly grabbed my sword and hold it tight and tried to get up even though my strength is not enough.

My eyes looked up and it widen up because the demon king is now infront of me. My legs trembled and I couldn't move while my body is shaking with fear.

I'm about to die.

Tears started to flow out of my eye and rolled down my cheeks.

Is this the end for me?

I closed my eyes, waiting for the eternal darkness to surround me forever.

N-nani?

My eyes wided open when I felt my body moved in a fast pace-- like I was being carried by someone.

My gaze turned to the person above me which I didn't expect to see--

T-Tanjiro-kun!!

His eyes were flaming red as he sat me down at the floor far away from the demon king as he muttered--

"Sorry, for I just helped out now"

He then told the helpers to heal me. I looked into his worried eyes while they are on me-- for not so long.

He looked back to the demon king and in just a second-- his eyes flamed with anger. Like he is ready to create hell just for the demon king right infront of him or even kill him twice right after his death.

Faster than the light-- he went flying towards the demon king while getting an attack ready for him. As if he was very hungry for the win, as if killing him was to give him a peaceful life.

He is ready to bet his life just for peace. For the people on the near future, as if his life was worth of many people in the future.

I looked at him and I cannot help but feel amazed. He looks so cool!

Every move he does is like he is carrying the near future for others. Every grunts he make is like the emotions inside him finally going out.

His eyes...

Is kinda..

Scary..

And that's when I knew

That the flame in his eyes

He doesn't want to show anyone

Is because they'll feel heat if they did see it.