~~6~~

Y/Ns POV:
Maybe I should be a little nicer to Steven. They have all done so much for me, especially Steven.

Me and Amethyst got along well too, she reminded me of what I would be like if I wasn't so jumpy. Also, we bought a lot of stuff.

Amethyst was laying on Stevens bed, we were sorting through my new clothes while Steven watched in the background. I smiled at Amethyst. "I feel really bad for whoever's credit card you used."

Steven threw his hands up in the air, "It was mine!" He yelled. Amethyst laughed as she finished off the stack of shirts.

"Where are you gonna put all this stuff?" Amethyst turned to Steven and he shrugged.

"I can just push all my stuff to one side." Steven got to work in his closet, while humming a tune I didn't recognize.

Amethyst started asking me questions. "So, have you always lived in Beach City?"

"No, I used to live in (wherever you live now) but my dad wanted to move back to where he and my mom lived." And what a horrible idea that was. As soon as we moved back into his old house the memories came back to him, and his finally realized my mom was never coming back.

"Oh, did your mom die?" Amethyst asked. Ah, she was so insensitive.

"Yeah, at childbirth." That was a thing, right? And it's technically kind of like what happened.

Steven turned around. "My mom gave up her form to have me." He lifted his shirt up and revealed the light pink gem embedded in his navel. It sparkles a little bit in the sunlight. And it looked polished. My father always made sure not to crack my gem, just in case my mom came back he didn't want her to come back injured.

"I'm sorry." I offered him a small smile, which seemed to make him really happy. I guess he could tell I didn't like him very much. But I promised myself I would make an effort to be nicer to him.

"We should go to Funland sometime." Amethyst said. "But imma go eat some trash." She walked out of the room with a smile. I put all my a clothes in the closet and sat down on Stevens bed.

He clapped his hands together. "Does your dad still live in Beach City?"

My eyes widened. Lie. "Uh no, he left a few days ago."

"Do you know where he went? We can take you there if you would rather be with him?"

"No!" I yelled. Steven looked surprised at my loud voice. I cleared my throat. "Sorry, no thank you. What is for dinner?"

"Pizza! It's so good you'll love it." Steven pulled out his phone and dialed a number. After talking for a few minutes he hung up. "The pizza will be here in 20 minutes." We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"So... do you want to watch another movie?" Steven asked. "Or we can watch Crying Breakfast Friends, it's my favorite cartoon."

-.-.-.-.-
Stevens POV:
I was starving. When the Kiki knocked on our door with the pizza, it was difficult to not fall down the stairs. Y/N followed me hesitantly, staying on the stairs with her arms behind her back.

"Hey Steven!" Kiki said as I opened the door.

"Thanks Kiki, we haven't eaten anything since breakfast." I took the box and handed her the money.

"No problem, see you later!" She took off towards town happily, and I opened the pizza box.

"Okay, take a slice." I handed Y/N a slice and she bit into it. She nodded and gave me a thumbs up. I can't believe she's never had pizza, it's the easiest thing to get. I mean, it literally delivers right to your door!

-.-.-.-.-
It was later now, and we were both getting ready to go to sleep. "Hey Steven?" She whispered. She was sitting criss cross on my bed, picking at the sheets nervously.

"Yeah?"

She smiled at me. "Thank you."

I laughed a little. "No problem! Your really easy to live with." It was quiet for a few seconds. "Are we friends?"

"Yeah, I guess so." She shrugged. I reached towards her and she flinched back.

I took a deep breath and grabbed her hand comfortingly. "You know I'm not going to hurt you, right?" She nodded and leaned against the headboard. My eyes lit up. "Hey! You can meet my friend Connie tomorrow! She'll love you!"

"Alright. Good night Steven." She slid down so she was under the covers, and I turned the lamp off.

After a few minutes Y/Ns breathing changed, and I could tell she was asleep. I was drifting off too, but I heard shuffling in the living room. With my shield out I crept down the stairs.

It was just Amethyst. She was holding a small box, and she jumped a little when she noticed me. "I got Y/N a phone."

"Cool. Did you put our numbers in it?" I sat down on the couch next to her and she pulled the phone out.

"Yeah, do you want to give it to her?" She offered it to me.

"Oh, sure. Are you and the gems going somewhere?" She made it sound like they were leaving.

She laughed. "Just Little Homeschool in the morning, it's a teacher work day, remember?"

I totally forgot. Y/N was kinda taking up all my attention. "Oh yeah... can I stay here? I don't know if Y/N is comfortable staying her by herself."

"I figured you would, it's fine Sapphire said her and Pearl could take your work load for the day."

"Tell them I said thanks. I'm gonna go get some sleep now." I started back towards my room, swiping through Y/Ns phone and looking at all the apps.

"Sure, night Ste-man."

-.-.-.-.-

Word Count: 988