~~12~~

Y/Ns POV:
Steven was in the bathroom, probably looking out the window I jumped out of in confusion. I saw him exit the bathroom, and I gasped.

I wish my stupid gem would work. I flicked it a couple of times. Steven looked right through me.

Thank the stars.

Steven started towards the front door. "Y/N?" I didn't say anything. I don't know why I was hiding, I just didn't want to answer his questions. "Are you okay? That was a really long fall." Worry tainted his tone, and he stepped onto the sand. "Maybe she went into town." He muttered to himself. The footsteps faded and I eventually started jumping up and down until I returned into people's vision.

Pearl walked into the living room and sat down on the couch and started folding mine and Stevens clothes. "Oh, hello Y/N. Where is Steven?" She looked towards the door.

"I think he went into town." I found a poptart in the cupboard and unwrapped it.

"Oh, how is the situation with your father going?" Pearl was trying to start a conversation.

"He stopped by last night. He gave Steven a box and told him to give it to me. I threw it out though." I paused. "My father is unstable."

Pearl nodded thoughtfully. "It will be ok. We can protect you." An idea popped into her head, her eyes lit up and she gasped. "I could train you! I trained Connie a while ago, but with collage she is too busy to come by anymore. It would be so fun! What do you think?"

I shrugged. "Sure. I would love to be useful." My phone rang. It was Steven. "Hello?" I said slowly.

He sounded worried, and out of breath. "Where are you?" He asked.

"The kitchen." I giggled.

"What? I just ran around the whole town! How did you even..." There was a long pause. "Oh yeah. Invisibility. I'll be there soon." He hung up and I giggled.

"You could start training tomorrow?" Pearl suggested. She started towards the stairs, done folding our clothes.

"Sure. Thank you Pearl." She smiled and nodded at me.

-.-.-.-.-
Steven ran into the house. When we made eye contact he groaned. "Okay, okay. We don't have to talk about it. Just don't to that." He was really out of breath, I bet he ran all the way here.

"Alright. Pearl is going to train me."

His eyes widened and he stuttered a little. "A-are you sure that's a good idea?"

I frowned. "Yes. I want to be useful."

Steven sighed. "You don't need- okay. I'll come too though, just in case you get hurt." He licked his hand. "I can heal you!" He ran towards me with his hand held out and I screamed.

"Ew!" I smacked his hand away and he laughed.

-.-.-.-.-
It was the next morning, and I was too excited to sleep in. Me and Steven woke up at the same time, and got ready.

"Is there a certain thing I need to wear for this sort of thing?" I asked. I was facing the closet, and Steven changed his shirt behind me. This is how it worked most days, unless one of us went to the bathroom.

"Not really, just something you can move around in. Like leggings and a t-shirt or something. Okay I'm done." I turned around and smiled with my change of clothes. Steven laid down on the bed and faced the headboard, messing with something on his phone while I changed.

"Okay I'm ready to go." I grabbed Stevens hand in excitement and pulled him down the stairs.

"Are you sure? If you feel rushed then-"