Show Dick Some Respect

"You guys keep talking and Vernon's gonna come in here. I got a meet Saturday, and I'm not missing it because of you idiots," Alan said still sounding angry.
   "Oh, wouldn't that be a bite, huh? Missing a whole wrestling meet?" Brent said stepping closer to Alan flailing his arms a bit.
   "You wouldn't know about it, faggot, you never competed in your life," Alan fired back.
   "Oh, I know, I feel all empty inside because of it,  I have such a deep admiration for guys who roll around with other guys," he smiled and acted as if he were sad.
   "You'd never miss it, you don't have any goals," Alan declared.
   "Ah, but I do," Brent disagreed.
   "Yeah?" Alan asked skeptically.
   "I want to be just like you, I figure all I need's a lobotomy and some tights," Brent retorted making me laugh a little.
   "You wear tights?" Bram wondered with a straight face honestly curious.
   "No, I don't wear tights, I wear the required uniform," Alan argued.
   "Tights," Bram confirmed raising his eyebrows.
   "Shut up," Alan said sounding annoyed.
   We heard shuffling from Vernon's office and Brent jumped off of the railing and sat next to me and put his hands together, when we heard Vernon walk down the hall Brent scooted the chair out and made an inhaling sound then let out a noise I don't really know how to describe and got up.
   "There's not supposed to be any monkey business," Bram said quietly when Reis walked toward the door then turned around to answer while still walking.
   "Young man, have you finished your paper?" he mimicked Vernon then turned back around toward the door and looked both ways outside into the hallway.
   "Reis, stop screwing around!" Alan yelled.
   "What are you gonna do?" Cassandra asked a little annoyed.
   "Drop dead, I hope," Alan replied.
   "Alan," I sighed and he turned back and glared at me with a death look.
   "Reis, that's school property, it doesn't belong to us, it's not to be toyed with," Bram tried stopping him but before he could say anything else Reis was walking back toward us and the door slammed making a loud sound all through the large library.
   "Very funny, fix it," Alan demanded turning back to look at Brent.
   "You should fix that," Bram said quietly.
   "Am I a genius?" Brent asked while sitting down in his original seat.
   "No, you're an asshole!" Alan yelled turning in his seat to look at him.
   "What a funny guy, everyone, just shh," he sat normally and everyone kept arguing telling Reis to fix the door when we heard Vernon.
   "Goddamn it!" Vernon opened the door and walked up to us then continued, "Why is that door closed?" None of us answered him and he yelled, "Why is that door closed!"
   "How are we supposed to know? We can't move, right?" Brent asked calmly avoiding Richard's glare.
   "Why?" Vernon demanded to know.
   "We're just sitting here, like we're supposed to," I replied quietly trying to get the blame off of Brent and out of the corner of my eye as I was looking up to see Vernon's glare, Brent was looking at me with wide eyes.
   "Who closed that door?" Vernon asked.
   "I think a screw fell out of it," Brent suggested.
   "It just closed, sir," Cassandra said surprising both Reis and I.
   "Who?!" Vernon yelled staring at Abby who hit her head down against the table.
   "She doesn't talk, sir," I said quietly.
   Vernon turned back to Reis and demanded threateningly, "Give me that screw."
   "I don't have it," Brent looked down at the table.
   "You want me to shake it out of you?" Vernon stepped closer.
   "I don't have it, screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place," Brent insisted.
   "Give it to me, Reis."
   "Sir, why would anybody steal a screw?" I asked quietly looking down.
   "Watch it, young lady," he pointed his finger at me.
   "Damn it! Alan Ceder, get up here, front and center, let's go," Vernon demanded, Alan followed him to the door where they put a magazine display in between the door to keep it open.
   "How come Alan gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up, It'll be anarchy," Brent exclaimed making me laugh quietly.
   "Okay, watch the magazines," Vernon told Alan.
   "It's out of my hands," Brent said to himself then told Vernon, "That's very clever, sir...but what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture in your career, sir."
   "What are you doing? Get this out, for God's sake, what's the matter with you?" Vernon told Alan as he moved the rack out of the way.
   "The school's equipped with fire exits at either end of the library," Bram explained.
   "Show Dick some respect," Brent mimicked Richard's voice when he and Alan walked toward us.
   "Let's go, get in your seat," he told Alan and as he sat down he continued, "I expected more from a varsity letterman." then he turned to Brent and gave him the death stare and said, "You're not fooling anybody, Reis, the next screw that falls out will be you."
   "Eat my shorts," Brent whispered making me start to get nervous knowing there'd be an altercation between the two of them that may turn physical.
   "What was that?" Vernon asked, sounding both pissed and annoyed while walking up to his table.
   "Eat...my...shorts," Reis said clearly.
   "You just bought another Saturday, mister," Vernon pointed at him.
   "Oh, I'm crushed," Brent said sarcastically like it was nothing.
   "One more right there," Vernon fumed.
   "I'm free the next Saturday, beyond that, I'll check my calendar," Brent replied yelling a little making my heart start to race.      
   "Good!" Brent exclaimed.
   "It's gonna be filled, we'll keep going, you want another one? Say the word, just say it, instead of going to prison, you'll come here...are you through?" Vernon half-yelled making me jump a little.
   "No," Brent replied crossing his arms over his chest.
   "I'm doing society a favor."
   "So?"
   "That's another! I've got you for the rest of your natural born life if you don't watch it, you want another?" Vernon asked.
   "Yes," Brent just wouldn't stop and I knew he'd regret it and I hated seeing him hurt.
   "You got it! That's another one, pal," Vernon informed him.
   "Stop...please," I whispered and Vernon turned to me.
   "You too, just as many as him!" he then turned back to Brent and wondered, "You through?"
   "Not even close, bud," Brent emphasized the bud.
   "Good! You got another one right there."
   "You really think I give a shit?" Brent looked at him and all I could do was stare at the two of them hoping things wouldn't get physical.
   "Another. You through?"
   "How many is that?" Brent asked glaring at Vernon.
   "That's seven including the first one when you asked whether Barry Manilow knew he raided his closet, now it's eight," Bram informed them quietly. 
   "No its eight," Vernon insisted.
   "Sir, it's seven," Bram replied putting up seven fingers.
   "Shut up, peewee," Vernon demanded and continued, "You're mine, Reis, for two months, I got you, I got you."
   "What can I say? I'm thrilled," Brent said clearly sarcastic.
   "That's exactly what you want them to believe, you know something? You should spend more time doing something with yourself and less time trying to impress people, might be better off," Brent was narrowing his eyes at Richard then continued, "Right, that's it! I'll be outside those doors, the next time I have to come in here, I'm cracking skulls."
   Brent mouthed 'I'm cracking skulls' and when Vernon left Brent screamed, "Fuck you!"