Around You I Like Who I Am

"Bram?" Cassandra said as she, Bram, Abby, Alan, and I were all sitting on the railing.
   "Hmm?" Bram replied and smiled at her.
   "Are you going to write your paper?" Cassandra asked smiling back at him.
   "Yeah, why?" Bram asked in return.
   "Don't you think it's kind of a waste for all of us to write our paper?" she wondered.
   "Vernon wants us to."
   "True, but I think we'd all kind of say the same thing," Cassandra murmured looking up at him smiling a little earning her a smile back from him.
   "You just don't want to write your paper, right?" Bram laughed a little.
   "True, but...you're the smartest, right?" Cassandra gave him an honest look but I could see him thinking that he was the opposite of the smartest.
   "Well -" Bram started when she interrupted.
   "We trust you, I trust you."
   "Yeah, I'll do it," Bram agreed making Cassandra hug him.
   After Cassandra looked away, she looked at Abby next to her and seemed to be examining her clothes and her make-up, she pulled Abby's sleeve and said, "Come on."
   "Where are we going?" Abby asked looking very confused.
   "Come on, you too Casey," we all jumped down from the railing and followed Cassandra, we ended up walking to her locker, she got out a pair of clothes she was going to change into after gym on Monday but told Abby she could have them, we walked into the bathroom and Cassandra got out her make up utensils and remover.
   Abby and I weren't aloud to look at her until Cassandra was finished doing her hair, make-up, and clothes, as Cassandra was putting on the eye-liner Abby kept blinking making Cassandra say, "Don't be afraid."
   "Don't stick that in my eye," Abby said letting Cassandra put the make-up on.
   "Don't worry, I won't, you look better without all that black shit on your eyes," Cassandra and Abby both laughed a little while I stood with my back to them.
   "Hey, I like that black shit," Abby laughed then spoke again, "Why are you being so nice to me?"
   "'Cause you're letting me," Cassandra responded.
   "Hey, I'll meet you guys outside the library in fifteen minutes, okay?" I said quietly.
   "Going to talk to Brent aren't you?" Cassandra looked up at me, taking a short break from her work.
   "Yeah, there are some things we need to talk about," I responded and started walking out of the bathroom and towards the room where Brent was.
   I got out one of the bobby pins I swiped from Cassandra while she was doing Abby's hair and picked the lock, as soon as I heard the door unlock, I shoved the bobby pin in my pocket then turned the doorknob.
   The door opened to reveal Brent sitting, staring at his hands in his lap, I closed the door behind me making Brent look up at me and get up from his stance.
   "Are you alright? I know it must have been hard...telling all of them..." he stepped closer to me and looked deeply into my eyes, as I stared back into his beautiful bye iris', I could see worry and hurt.
   "It was...I thought you and the rest of them might say something," I admitted feeling his fingers intertwine with mine.
   "I would never, ever say anything on purpose to hurt you, I've been drawn to you for such a long time now...I just can't believe I didn't notice sooner," he looked down then back up at me sadly.
   "Long time?" I asked surprised by his reply.
   "I admit, I'm a bad guy...only because of my father, you need to know I haven't been acting to be someone that I'm not, and the fact that you even consider me for who I am is crazy...around you I'm different, a good different, around you I like who I am..." he trailed off looking down at our hands with our fingers intertwined together.
   He looked up into my eyes again and I felt his free hand caress my cheek softly, he moved closer to me and I felt his breath against my lips making me want to kiss him so badly, he pulled my lips to his making his hand separate from mine and snake around my waist.
   His lips are so soft and caring, it surprises me the way he talks to me, its definitely a good thing, this kiss was more hungry then the last one but still held as much care and passion, it made me feel loved which I haven't felt in a long time.
   His lips pulled away from mine and I felt his other arm go around my waist pulling me closer to him so that there was no space between us, I wrapped my arms around his neck but he took my left arm and lifted the sleeve, revealing a few bruises and scars, I watched as he kissed each one softly then he pulled me into a hug.
   We stood there like that for a while in silence until Brent pulled away a little to look at me and broke the silence, "How did you get in here?"
   I reached into my pocket as I looked into his eyes and held up bobby pin with a smile and a chuckle then replied, "Your not the only one who has special talents at being bad."
   He laughed in return and shook his head then kissed my forehead, I remembered I had to go meet Cassandra and Abby outside the library and kissed Brent one last time.
   "Please...stay?" he asked making an irresistible face but I couldn't leave Cass and Abby hanging so I hugged him.
   "I'm sorry...there's always later," I whispered in his ear and as he released me from his arms, a smile formed on his face, I opened the door and walked out, feeling a part of my heart stay with him, then met up with Cassandra and there stood Abby, I couldn't help but let out a 'Wow' when I looked at how pretty she looked.
   We walked into the library to see Bram sitting at his table writing the paper who looked up at Abby and smiled then nodded and looked at Cassandra who combed her fingers through his hair. I looked over at Alan who jumped down from the railing and met Abby half way.
   "What happened to you?" Alan asked studying Abby's features.
   "Why? Cassandra did it," Abby murmured looking down then back up at Alan again who was still staring at her and asked him, "What's wrong?"
   "Nothing's wrong, it's just...just so different, I can see your face," Alan answered and caressed Abby's face softly.
   "Is that good or bad?" Abby asked with wide eyes.
   "Good," Alan replied and stepped closer to her then kissed her.
   I turned around and went back to my seat seeing Cassandra sitting next to Bram watching him finish writing the paper, after he put down the pencil Cass took his hand and intertwined their fingers earning a smile from him.
   I looked back at the clock which read 4:07pm, which meant we had thirteen minutes left...it started to feel like a lifetime waiting for the second hand to move.