Chapter Twenty Five

ANDRE

Just like any other blind dates, I was reluctant and wasn't looking forward to it. I dreadfully took my bath and got dressed then started the three hours journey to my parents' house. It was an arranged lunch date so when I arrived she was already seated on the dinning table. With her back facing me, I walked closer to the dinning table and my mother saw me first

"Oh look, Andre's here. Come sit close to her" she said as she gestured to the seat. I sat down next to her and I turned to look at her. She had the perfect hair with her shade of brown as mine. Her hair was long and she had a fringe that stopped just above her eyebrows. Her eyes were as clear as the sky and her cheeks were covered in natural blush.

"Hi. I'm Elisabeth Sparks" she said as she stretched out her hand for a hand shake which I took
"I'm Andre Watterson" I introduced myself too
"I know" she smiled

Lunch with her was not what I expected. She was fun and very interesting. She carried everyone along in her conversation and I enjoyed every last second I spent with her. Days after we first met, we started going out frequently. She said she doesn't want us to be known as couple because of my status so we were private about everything we did.

We were months into our relationship and we only had sex twice before one night she wanted to tell me something important which I was ready to listen
"I have a secret to tell you Andre" she started
"What is it Lisa?" I asked curiously

"Please don't hate me but I feel you need to know this" she continued
"I will always love you no matter what" I assured her
She said she worked as a stripper before she changed from her ways and started working for my mother in her clothing line. I didn't judge her, I didn't love her less. I can't use her past to judge her present instead my love for her grew even more for her to have enough courage and trust for me to tell me this.

We were so much in love and I planned to engage her. I was just twenty four and she was twenty two but it didn't matter, I was ready to start a family with her. One night she said she needed just fifty million dollars to startup a business of her own but instead, I wrote her a check of a hundred million. The next morning, she was gone.

I tried to call her but her number wasn't reachable. I blamed myself for not asking about any of her family members. I was angry, heartbroken, torn apart. I was in pains. She left me just like that after I gave her the money. The money wasn't even my problem at all, my problem was I could never see the first woman I ever loved.

I refused to accept that she left me, I realized that she was gone for real, I was angry that she left me after all the love I showed to her, I was hurt and then numbed. I started working harder than before. I didn't care about anyone or anything other than work. It was the only thing that kept me sane.

I started having one night stands, going to different strip club maybe with the hope that I'll one day stumble upon her to ask her why she left me? Or what I did wrong for her to leave me? I know it was stupid of me, I threw away any pride, ego or dignity left in me. I was desperate.

I thought I could never heal from this heartbreak but gradually, I did and I was also numbed to love. I made everyone who ever knew about my relationship with Elisabeth promise that they'll never mention it ever again.

"And now my mother wanted to fix another blind date but that's when I lied to her. I don't want to continue with this whole thing I'm sick of it" I exclaim
"Then let her know how you feel"
"Don't you think I've already done that? I've hurt her enough to keep saying "no" to her and I know she's just trying to help even though she can be a pain in the ass most times" I sighed

"I'm sorry Andre. I didn't know you were hurting so bad" she tried to place her hand on top mine but she stopped herself
"It's nothing and it's in the past now" I tell her
"Is it really in the past?" She asked in worry
"Of course. What do you mean by that?"