19

The three of us (obviously not including Kylie) sit there dumbfounded and confused. 

"I'm sorry, what are you going on about? I'm pretty sure I wasn't adopted", I say.

Kylie smiles. "Oh, I don't doubt that - but you clearly have a very interesting bloodline. Do you know anything about your ancestors?", she asks me, curiosity alight in her eyes. 

"What does her heritage matter? She's from a human family, I already looked into her parents when I met Mina. They are not anything but human", Declan growls. 

"I have to agree with him on this one", I say. My family is a little crazy, but not in a supernatural way. But then I remember the strange dream I had when I passed out when I met Declan. "Actually, I did have this weird dream when I was unconscious at Declan's house....but I'm pretty sure that was just me going crazy". 

"What was the dream?", Kylie asks. 

"Well, basically I met my Grandma but it was a younger version of herself, and she told me that she was the human sister from the ancient werewolf story about the three siblings. But I'm pretty sure I just dreamt that up because I'd just heard about the story before a passed out. And plus, I always have super weird dreams; it's nothing new", I say, starting to ramble. 

The three of them look at me in confusion. 

"Do you  have a photo of your Grandma?", Declan asks. 

"Yes, I've been carrying it in my ass this whole time I've been running around the country, learning how to fight and kill werewolves", I say sarcastically, with receives a growl from both Declan and Felix. 

"Okay, calm down, sheesh, I said I was learning, I haven;'t actually killed. But if someone could lend me their phone I could show you a photo of her on my facebook page?", I suggest, and Kylie quickly pulls out her phone, unlocks it and passes it to me. I go to the facebook app, search myself up and then after a few scrolls I find a picture of me with my Grandma,  a few weeks before she died - we were celebrating her 80th birthday. Even looking at a photo of her makes me upset, knowing I will never be able to see her again. 

"Here, this is my Grandma", I say as I quickly pass the phone back to Kylie, not wanting to get further sucked into my sadness. 

Kylie audibly gasps and drops the phone onto the coffee table in front of her. 

"What is wrong with you? My Grandma isn't scary, what's wrong?", I say. 

Shakily, Kylie stands up and walks to the shelf and pulls out one of the books upon it. She opens it up, flips to the second page, and then puts the open book next to the phone on the table. 

I audibly gasp. Declan next to me sees the photos and swears in astonishment. 

The photos of my Grandma and the woman in the book are near identical - except my Grandma looks about 20 years old in the book. 

"Mina", Kylie said, "the dream you had, I think it was a vision. Your Grandma really was the second sibling in that story."

"Does that mean Mina has werewolf blood in her veins? Because her Grandma was the daughter of an Alpha?", Declan asks, grabbing my leg with his hand protectively. 

"I think it's a bit more than that", Kylie said. "You see, the ancient story doesn't explain everything, and it's taken me years to find the truth."

"The truth of what!?", I ask angrily, getting annoyed at Kylie having information about me that I myself don't know. 

Then we hear someone clearing their throat at the room's entrance. We all turn to look at who it is, irritated that someone is intruding in such an important moment. It looks to be one of the Pack's guards that I saw earlier today. 

"What is it, Micheal?", Felix asks roughly, clearly also not liking the interruption. 

"It's the captive, Alpha, called Joshua", he says. My heart stops at hearing the name of my friend, who somehow in all the madness I had completely forgotten about.  

"Omg, where's Joshua? Is he okay?", I ask Micheal firmly. Micheal looks at me hesitantly, then looks at Felix for approval to inform me, which Felix nods slightly in approval. 

"He's in the basement. And he's dead".