Chapter 2: Meltdown & Fallout

Rosen, East Katesia. February 14th XXXX

"Reports from multiple civilians concerns unravelled that the local Nuclear Power-plant at the rural area, which is south of East Katesia's capital city, is under assault by environmental terrorist who call themselves All 4 Earth. The local police officer said that the situation is under control, but will start an evacuation if needed or if the plant undergoes meltdown, which will drastically affect the state economy." - Economy Radio Broadcast (ERB)

"Goodbye, lads. I hope to see you guys again someday!" Chris, the manager of the motel smiled at Jade and Rita, they have stayed here for a while but it is the time to leave, as the border for West Katesia is closing in three days.

"Hopefully that will happen when our country quit the skirmish!" Jade smiled. "By the way, I haven't seen any mineral power-plant here. How is the town powered? Thousands of solar panels?" he asked curiously.

"Course not! Those machines are too ineffective. We have a Nuclear power-plant up near the hill over there." Chris pointed at a distant structure below a hill, with some odd lights flashing on and off.

"Mmm...  Quite delicious." Jade turned around to see Rita face-forward on a plate full of cookies. He pulled her away from the plate.

"It was nice meeting you, bye!" he waved back at Chris Codey as he walks out of the front door to his jeep, with Rita following him and climbing into the massive vehicle. The exhaust pipe pumped out excess fumes as it drove downhill towards the seemingly endless field.

Fzzzzzt!

The power suddenly went out. Everything suddenly went dark. People were confused, they couldn't see well in the darkness, as the sun is still hours away from showing up. The citizens tuned in to their radios, to hear what is going on in this very isolated town.

"fsshhhhh...the nuclear power plant....fshhhhh...ssst.....has have been compromised, please stay safe in your homes. If you hear a continuous siren, please evacuate the local area of Rosen as potential nuclear fallout have big consequences to health. Assault Teams have been deployed to the Nuclear Power-plant to detain the terrorists, who claim themselves as All 4 Earth. Please do not interfere with the police operations, thank you and please stay safe."

<> ~ <> ~ <>

The hooded figure wielding a carbine rifle smiled, they had accomplished their mission, they have saved earth from another disaster. Everyone on board the van cheered as their police pursuer stopped to remove car wreckage from the road during the hit-and-run; soon they can escape to freedom. The energy shield that bounces off even rockets has given the police a hard time. Even though it was very expensive, it is worth it. 

They are All 4 Earth.

Then he noticed something on the horizon, as they drove closer, he realized that the moving vehicle is a military-model. He felt his muscle tensed as he instructed the driver to drive a little faster to catch up the vehicle. As they accelerated, which closed in the gap, he saw what it is more clearly: A Humvee Type-2, one of the mass produced military jeeps that can be seen anywhere. The only difference was that this one have quite some modifications to it.

What is this Humvee doing here? He wondered. It isn't possible for a jeep from the army doing patrol in such an isolated place, let alone soloing on a field of void, because it is just plainly insane. Who would have the bravery to fight off bandits in this type of place?

He didn't think much about it, as anything that has to do with the law enforcement must be destroyed, or they will destroy his squad of liberation. He signed the signal as the crew of the truck behind him started to load the missile: an explosive that he specifically designed so it could penetrate thick armor and blow a hole five feet deep even with armor; heck, it is also environmental friendly, leaving no harmful chemicals behind.

Woosh!

He watches it flying into the air and then finally spiraling downwards into-

Shk, Bang! Kch.

Half of the missile disintegrated into pieces without time to even detonate, the rest of the bomb went off its course and flew harmlessly into the field.

The masked figure on the van exclaimed, how is that even possible? He is about to shout the orders to launch another one when red filled his vision, he looked down and saw red stain creeping up his body, a giant hole on his torso.

The bullet was flying so fast that the sound only just managed to catch up when he collapsed and fall off the van, with the other crew members were shocked by the power of the mysterious weapon. If it was not for the MEDI packet inside his trousers, he would've died from this fatal injury.

<> ~ <> ~ <>

Jade grumbled, he didn't like the sound of guns firing, it makes his ear hurt.

"Trying to blow us off the road, huh? Well too bad, because I punish people who jump in the line!" Rita shouted, the wind blows harder as their jeep speeds up.

The sleek, black sniper rifle pulsed with purple energy, it uses mineral energy as every gun does, but this rifle significantly different. It was equipped with attachments of the latest technology (thermal imaging, night vision, bullet tracing and others.) 

The DEER as it is called, is a prototype sniper rifle made by Cardiavska Intelligence Services, owned and used by Rita during multiple missions and operations, it proves its easy carrying during various combats, showing absolute durability and flexibility during firefights, though she never put the rifle in a casing; she can easily disassemble it and wear it inside her coat.

Shk, Bang!

Another bullet was released from the barrel of the rifle. This time it hit the van, whirling it out of control and plunged into the fields, currently with only dirt and freshly planted seeds.

The truck behind the van is now starting to come out of the confusion, fast tinking sound can be heard at the back of the jeep as bullet fling off in all directions by the armor of the jeep, in a attempt to hit them. Rita ducked as a bullet whizzed past overhead, she retaliated by quickly grabbing hold of the hatch, pulled her self upwards and shoot one back for dignity. 

Even without using the scope, the energy bullet pierced through the middle of the truck with great precision, the installed energy shield instantly overloading and rendered useless by it. 

Then it hit the most vital part of the truck: the engine. The truck cracked and burst into flames as all the crew inside jumped out to avoid been burned by the raging fire.

"Take that!" Rita shouted, waving her rifle around, Jade pulled her down from the turret and smacked her back on the seats. "Ouch." She said, "Watch it!" Jade raised his voice, "You might fall from up there!"

As the Humvee drove farther away and closer to the border, smoke can be seen creeping into the sky, with a menacing look that willed to devour everything in its path. People boarded scrambled as trains departed, the ticket all sold out.

A siren wails as thousands of vehicles speed away from the town known as Rosen, all following the evacuation orders given by the Government. The Authorities formed a check point on all roads exiting the town to prevent people from heading back.

The fallout has begun.

<> ~ <> ~ <>