💛

■□■□■□■□■□■□■

I woke up feeling sluggish and unusually warm. Rays of sunlight are peeking through my curtains but I don't want to move yet. My body doesn't seem like it has the energy to pull myself up.

Closing my eyes again and turning my back against the morning rays I heard the door to my room open and heard the familiar voice again. It's YiWa.

"How is he?", I heard her ask.

"He slept early last night but hasn't woken up yet and when I checked earlier he has a bit of a fever. He's coughing too. "

"You said you'll be buying him meds last night. What did you buy?"

I didn't hear Nuea after that but YiWa must have hit him for I heard him groan and whine to her.

"Why did you hit me 'Wa? Are you really a girl? You punch like a boxer. Keep that up and you'll stay single forever."

"Worry for yourself. And what are you trying to cure by bringing those beers and alcohol? Should I crack open your head? I'm so curious how your brain works."

"Ask Vee yourself. I can't answer that for him. I can only tell you that I have a good reason for buying those."

"Whatever. I don't care anymore. Just wake him up so we can eat. He should have something first so he can drink the medicine and go back to sleep."

The conversation stopped there and I felt who I think is Nuea shaking me lightly before saying,

"Vee. Wake up. Vee..."

I opened my eyes and look at my friend. Nuea must have felt that I don't have a lot of energy in me and helped me sit up then guided me to the small table I have in my little kitchen. YiWa is currently fixing breakfast. She has two bags full of food.

I sat on one of the empty chairs, my head hanging low. YiWa stopped for a while and felt my forehead.

"Just slight fever. You should be fine tomorrow after resting for a day."

"Thanks for coming YiWa."

"You know this isn't free right?", Yiwa joked. She always say that but never asked for anything. "Get better soon or else I'll charged you double.", she added.

"That's right Vee. You should get better soon. The exams are coming up.", Nuea agreed.

"That's another thing Vee. We have to start studying now. Anyways, I'll let our professors know that you are sick. Rest the whole day okay? I'll take notes for you and come here when I don't have a class. We'll bring your lunch and dinner too. Just remember to drink your meds.", YiWa instructed. She sounds like a mother hen fussing over her chick but I let her. No one can win over her anyway.

"I have a class in 10 minutes. I'll go first and come back after class is over", Nuea said.

"Don't bother. It's just slight fever. I should be fine on my own. I'm not a kid anymore."

"Said the person who got sick for no apparent reason. Let him stay here. He can look after you and run errands too."

"Okay. Buy some snacks on your way here then."

"Sure", then Nuea left.

**

After YiWa cleared the table. She handed me a cup of hot choco. We sipped on our own cups sharing a comfortable silence before she decided to speak.

"What's going on between you and Mark?"

I choked on the hot choco I'm drinking. I had a coughing fit for a while and YiWa gently stroked my back.

"Why the sudden question 'Wa?", I asked when my coughing fit ceased.

"I saw him before coming here and he asked for you. He seemed worried.", YiWa added.

"Really? We rarely talk. I'm not sure why he's looking for me.", I said trying not to look into YiWa's eyes. Those probing orbs are quick to see when one is lying and even though what I said is partially true I'm still afraid she'll see through my half-truth.

"There is something you're not telling me.", she mused.

Busted.

"It's okay. You don't need to tell me everything. But if it becomes too much for you to handle, you know I'm always here for you right? I can keep secrets pretty well."

"Thanks 'Wa. I know I can rely on you. I'll tell you in time."

"Sure. I'll wait Vee. I need to run an errand first. I'll come back on lunch. Talk to Mark when you can."

"I will."

"I'll go now Vee. Don't overexert yourself."

"Thanks again 'Wa."

YiWa left and I'm alone again. I'm thankful to my friends but I also welcome the chance to be left on my own. This has gone on for too long and it even affected my health now. I need to think this through. I must do something.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■

[7/22/20]
WED