Broken Ties: Part One

[Just saying, this story isn't very Kuhu/Kuku loving.]

****

Kunal slammed shut his laptop and glared up at Kuhu.

"Bas bohot hua, Kuhu," he ground out. "Band karo yeh bakwaas. Main aur-"

"Bakwaas?" Kuhu cut him off, stomping up to stand in front of him and glaring right back. "Yeh bakwaas nahi hain, Kunal. Yeh sach hain. Lekin tum to Mishti ka hi side longe na, after all tum best devar jo ho."

Kunal felt his anger beginning to boil over. This was getting ridiculous now.

"Aur ab to wo bhi best bhabhi ban chuki hogi," Kuhu continued vengefully  "After all, Us ne ab wo Naina ke saath tumhari setting jo Karwa di hain."

"ENOUGH!" Kunal shouted as he threw aside his laptop and stood up, ignoring the pain he felt at the accusation. "I've told you A THOUSAND TIMES mere aur Naina ke beech kuch nahi hain! Stop dragging her into his! Bolne ne pehle ek baar sochlo ki tum kya bake jaa rahi hoon!"

"Main bilkul SACH keh rahi hoon, Kunal!" Kuhu screamed back. "You can't fool me! Maine apni aankhon se dekha hain ki tum us Naina ke saath kitna time spend karte ho! Aaj kal to tum use ghar bhi chodne jaate ho! Taki tum mujhe chodke, us ke saath raho!"

Kunal could almost feel his sanity slipping. They'd been argyuing like this for days now. No matter how many times he told Kuhu that there was nothing between him and Naina, she refused to listen to him.

Naina Chabra was Mishti's childhood friend, that Mishti had been reunited with a few months back. Unfortunately, Naina had fallen into hard times lately, both personally and financially. Mishti had been working to help her friend get her life back in order. She'd asked Kunal if he could get her a job in his company, and he had. Not just because Mishti had asked him too, but because Naina also had the required qualifications -and skills, as he'd found after she'd started working for him.

And that was it. All he'd done was help out the girl on Mishti's request, promoted her because she was good at her job, and dropped her off home once because her scooty hadn't started and it had been quite late, and Kuhu had chosen to misunderstand the whole thing and come to the conclusion that he was having an affair. The first time Kuhu had said such a thing, Kunal had felt like his world had titled upside down. Now, he felt like his world had crashed and burned.

Kunal had tried to convince Kuhu in every way he could that he was not having any affair, but she was dead set in her beliefs. And with each passing day, his frustration grew. As did his heartache, to the point that he was beginning to doubt if she would ever believe in his love again.

"Maine dekha Kal tumhe Mishti se discuss hue," Kuhu said snidely, "ki Naina ko job dekar faayda tumhara bhi hua hain."

"Haan, kyunki hua hain!" Kunal burst out, unable to keep calm anymore. "Because she's good at her job! Wo apna kaam jaanti hain, aur ek achchi leader hain! That's it! Why don't you-"

"Oh please, Kunal," Kuhu sneered. "Stop trying to cover up. I know Sach yahi hain ki us #homebreaker ne mere ghar mein aag laga di hain! Agar use apne dost ke liye job chahiye hi tha, to Abir Bro ko bolke NGO mein job dilwa deti! Tumhari office mein hi Kyu? Kyunki ko chahti thi ki us ladki ki wajah se hum dono ke beech problem aaye! Wo to waise bhi meri life ki har cheez spoil karna chahti hain! Wo-"