Episode 10

Do leave inline comments, love to know your thoughts

Gauri's POV:

It had been exactly 2 weeks since the library incident, and since me and Om got our punishments. We were still being punished which meant that I had to watch Om's cricket practices almost everyday after school. Thankfully I haven't been hit by the ball. All the team members seem to make sure that the ball doesn't go near me. I guess they do this because of Om's anger.

Oh I need to update you all about Om...he seriously looks super hot whilst playing cricket and from these last two weeks, I have been lying to my mum about Om's coach making the cricket team run 25 laps because after cricket practice, Om would either take me to Starbucks or we'd go for long drives because none of us were in a rush to get home. All these small moments made me fall for him more but I knew that I had to get rid of these feelings soon or later because he was my best friend's brother meaning he was off limits.

Since I knew that Om was off limits, I agreed to go on a date with Vikram...a guy in our class. He asked me on a date last week, I said that I would think about it, spoke to Prinku and she said that I should give it a go so I said yes to Vikram...my first date. I managed to get my mum to agree to let me go out on Friday evening because I told her that I was going to a café to study with a friend. I had to lie, I mean I was still under punishment and mum doesn't want me to date till I am in uni.

...

"What top should I wear?"

I asked Prinku who was finally in her Germany dorm room.

Prinku: ummm....wear the short sleeved white top because it goes with the pink denim skirt.

Me: okay thank you yaar, you are a lifesaver.

Prinku: that I know.

We laughed then Prinku spoke: I can't believe that you are finally going to have your first date.

I smiled, saying: same here.

Although deep inside I was wishing that my first date was with Om, sadly in life we can't get what we want all the time. Me and Prinku continued talking till I looked at the time, it was 4:30pm, I had to leave at 4:40pm to go to this café called Prithvi café where Vikram would be waiting at a table for me. I said bye to Prinku, cut the call then got ready. Once I was ready, I picked up my bag so my mum would believe my entire lie. 

...

Car:

Mum: I still think that outfit is not ideal for a study session in a café.

Oh by the way ever since I came downstairs, my mum has been super unsure of my outfit. If only she knew that I was going on a date. 

Me: mum, this outfit is simple and it's not like I am wearing a sari for a study session.

Mum: true...when did I buy you that skirt? I've never seen it before?

Me: you brought it last year, I just never worn it till now. 

Mum: accha, anyway we are at this café you told me to drop you off at. Enjoy studying.

Me: thank you.

I was about to go out when...

Mum: Gauri, take your bag with you.

Me: I just need one book so...

I opened the bag to take out a random book and said bye to my mum before she decided to interrogate me. I went into the café and looked for Vikram. He wasn't there. Maybe he was running late. I decided to find a table and wait for Vikram.