30 | Flirting with Destiny

The Sabor Tooth pack had begun to find refuge and harmony in the last two weeks while staying at the Eclipse Dominion.

The two packs had always gotten on quite well but it was even more evident now in their time of need.

Their warriors worked together with both the Zetas to formulate a plan of attack - their next move when concerning the coming war.

The prophecy was everybody's top priority now.

Distraction had no place in anyone's life right now.

Except for maybe the Prince himself.

"A flower for m'lady!" Ryder exclaimed with a bow, a single red rose between his teeth as he flashed a goofy grin.

His arms were gently folded behind his back to add to the allure of it all. He was dressed in his Sunday best; a crisp, white button up and black slacks.

However, his efforts were in vain as his charms were thwarted faster than he could blink.

As usual.

"Piss off, Ryder. I'm busy studying this stupid prophecy. Can't you take a bloody hint already?" Alisa replied with a roll of her eyes.

The eighteen year old simply frowned as he took the rose out of his mouth and began standing straight. If even romance could not thaw her icy heart, he wondered what else even would.

The moment he thought such a thing, he shook his head.

Alisa's heart was not unfeeling, she was just scared. He could feel the fear coming off her subtly in between her denial and stubbornness.

Determined to show her that being his mate and a Luna wasn't that scary. She was made for it, after all.

"Can't you take a tiny break? There are hundreds of wolves working on it right now. It wouldn't hurt to have two less for a moment," he commented with a soft voice.

The brunette girl sighed and then finally looked up from her notebook.

'I suppose one tiny break couldn't hurt,' she thought for a moment and willed herself to give in to his charm just that little bit.

As he saw a gentle smile grace her tan features, his own grin grew in response.

"So that's a yes?" He asked with hope in his grey eyes.

"Okay, yeah, just a tiny one though," she answered with a sheepish look.

"That's all I ask for," he cheekily responded before grabbing her hand and pulling her to stand beside him.

The small touch was enough to send sparks up both of their arms, causing goosebumps to appear on their skin.

Ryder relished in moments like this.

Without so much as anymore words, Ryder was off as he tugged her along with him.

The Eclipse Dominion may have had the grandest library of all but it didn't have every single book that Snake's Canyon held. A few texts differed between their collections.

But for the first time in a century, those differing texts were finally under the same roof once more.

The young man knew that was partly why she had been so engrossed in her research but there would be time for more of that later.

Desperate to spend some fleeting moments together, he did not care if he was pulling her from their species' greatest mystery.

There would be plenty of time for books later but the longer they fought their mate bond, the harder it would be to keep it a secret from everyone else.