28 | Prophecy Smophecy

Bursting through the door in a frenzy, the brunette girl looked almost crazed as she huffed with urgency, struggling to catch her breath.

The desperation was clear as if she had realised something that had been there all along, just brimming under the surface of it all.

Almost forgotten amongst the mate calling.

"Show me. I know you still have a copy," Alisa said as she pushed through Ryder to get to the other side of his room.

She was furious, not understanding why she hadn't gotten to see the full thing in the first place.

The fact he'd conveniently decided to omit the entire information.

"I can't believe you! After all this time, you had an actual copy!"

Her words were harsh, slicing through him.

"What are you referring to?" Ryder asked in astonishment, staring up at his mate in bewilderment.

His priorities had been focused solely on her in the last couple weeks. It was hard to focus on anything else when everything else fell flat in comparison.

It had been a little while since their last chat because of how actively she had been avoiding him and now she was ready to talk but not about them.

He could sense it was bigger than just their mate bond even if he was disappointed.

There was so much left unsaid between them and time was running out.

"You know damn well!" She huffed back, her face becoming increasingly redder by the minute.

Her eyebrows knitted together in anger, confusion and a lot of hurt was displayed on her tan features.

For a mate, he really was a terrible sharer of news in her opinion.

A new but familiar feeling erupted inside of her chest.

There was only one other time she felt this kind of anger towards someone she cared for in ways she was still learning and understanding.

Maya told her the word they have for it - Betrayal.

The worst kind is by a friend you trusted and believed they would be honest and transparent with you.

Somehow, it seemed to slice her that much deeper because it came from him.

Over the years, he had always been honest with her, trying his best to answer any question she had asked him.

Ryder had been something to her, causing a crack in her heart over the lack of information sharing.

"No I really don't know so please. Alisa, calm down and tell me what is going on," he murmured, putting a hand on her shoulder softly but the moment his hand touched her skin she repelled back as if he had burnt her.

As if their mate bond had.

His face fell, not even trying to deny how painful that was for him.

Her clear refusal to even allow them to have contact was enough to bring his doubts to the forefront of his mind.

"Just show me that damn scroll, Ryder."

Her words were menacing and held something that pulled him into action.

He could hardly explain it but his body moved to do as it was told as if he was being controlled. The only explanation he could find for it was like an Alpha pull.

The thought made him a little nauseated but also a little proud.

She was their Luna.

There was no more denying it.