introducing creekwood - love, victor s1

LOVE, VICTOR SEASON 1

The Plot

I feel like this show is marketed as a high schooler coming out as gay, but I feel like the writers could've made Victor come out in around episode 8, so that we could've seen how other students in that school would react and how his relationship/...

I feel like this show is marketed as a high schooler coming out as gay, but I feel like the writers could've made Victor come out in around episode 8, so that we could've seen how other students in that school would react and how his relationship/friendship with Mia will change. I liked how we kinda see each character's backstory cuz it is how people really are. Everyone is dealing with something that people outside don't see. The plot about how Victor's mom cheated was interesting because it differs from Simon's kinda "picture-perfect" family. It also shows parents' relationship can affect their children as well. We see Pilar's reaction and how at one point even Victor, the "perfect" son, had to yell at them to sort it out. The thing about Felix's mom is also interesting because he seems like such a positive character, but underneath it all, he is dealing with his mom having depression. The ending of the show was also really cliche. Literally every high school show or movie ends with a school dance. I wish it was something different. Victor ending up with Benji was also just so boring, I wish it was someone else. If Creekwood is so open about being gay, then shouldn't there be more than one person that is gay in that school? I think from the moment Benji was introduced, everyone already knew that they would end up together.

The Characters

VICTORI kinda wish they made Victor bi so that his experience would be different from Simon's cuz we already saw Simon coming out as gay

VICTOR
I kinda wish they made Victor bi so that his experience would be different from Simon's cuz we already saw Simon coming out as gay. I feel like a lot of time in movies and TV shows, people are either straight or gay, but they haven't really made anything about the in between. The thing I really hate about his character is when he kissed Benji while he was still with Mia. I get that he's yearning for Benji, but also I feel like this cheating thing is so overdone. Why can't the writers just write him to be a decent character that comes out to his girlfriend first and then explain it. If he didn't kiss Benji, then the story would be better since we would see Mia's natural reaction. We already saw how Simon was kinda blackmailed into coming out, we don't need Victor's coming out to be a result of a potential "blackmail" as well. What I do like about his character is the fact that his family is quite different from Simon's. Simon's family was more accepting, and Victor's was more conservative. So we get to see how different the same kinda situation is for different people.