please don't make a sequel - work it

WORK IT (2020)

The Plot

This movie is basically about a teenager who's trying to get into her dream school, lies about something, and then has to make it true

This movie is basically about a teenager who's trying to get into her dream school, lies about something, and then has to make it true. It's not a story that we've never heard before. Quinn, who cannot dance, auditions for the team, but obviously didn't get in. So she decided to form her own dance team with some "diamonds in the rough". And that's where her romantic love interest, Jake Taylor, comes in. Jake is this amazing choreographer, but he said he'll only help them if they get through the qualifiers. Surprise, surprise, they did. Because of a "technicality". So then Jake helps them and the Thunderbirds try to sabotage their team, which doesn't make sense. If the Thunderbirds is the top team, they shouldn't need to feel threatened by this newly formed and inexperienced group. Quinn's grade goes down, so her mom gets her to quit it. Quinn discovers she can dance when she was sorting books in the nursing home, she gets the team back together. They literally practice for like a few weeks and then somehow they went to win the competition against the Thunderbirds, who has been practicing for months and even years. There was a plot hole in this competition though. Since Jake has graduated and it's supposed to be a school dance competition with students, shouldn't the TBDs be disqualified? While we're at the topic of Jake graduating, isn't it like illegal to date a minor or something?

The Characters

QUINN ACKERMANI don't have any particularly strong feelings towards Quinn

QUINN ACKERMAN
I don't have any particularly strong feelings towards Quinn. I love Sabrina Carpenter, but Quinn is kinda boring. She's just that top student in her school. She wants to get into Duke University, so she lies about being on the dance team. She's the typical "quirky" girl that you expect. I don't think she should've lied, but I also understand that sometimes when someone starts talking about one thing, you just decide to go along with it cuz that version of the story sounds better than the reality. She was a little terrible for just using people to help her get into her dream school, and then she just dismissed them when she no longer needed them after her mom told her to get her grades up. But she did redeem herself when she got the team back together because she realised she liked dancing. At the end of the movie when Quinn was going to the competition, I didn't understand why she didn't just wear her "normal" clothes out and then change into her dance uniform when she got there. I mean she should have known that there was a chance her mom would prevent her from going, so she should prepare for the worst case scenario. Just saying.