Chapter 2 (An Offer)

Midoriya's POV:
I looked at him, shocked, and tried to speak but couldn't find my words. He spoke again, "Join me and help me get rid of the symbol of piece". I don't know why, but I couldn't bring myself to say no.

Nobody's POV:
Shigaraki stood up "follow me". Midoriya hesitated for a few seconds but followed. Shigaraki led midoriya out of the mall.

Midoriya's POV:
'I could run away. There's no people for him to kill... so why don't I?' he leads me into a dark alley. I stay a few steps away from him just in case he tried anything. He leads me through the alleys to a rundown part of town. We pass a few small shops and a little motel as we walk, i note them down as landmarks to guide me back to the mall for later. He stops in front of the back door of an abandoned hotel. "Where are we?" I finally speak.

"We are at the base, you're joining us"

"I never! -"

He interrupts me "You didn't have to agree, not saying no was a clear enough answer"

(AN: consent is important!!! If someone doesn't say no that does not mean yes!)

I look down, finally accepting that I couldn't say no because I wanted this. I could have run by now or hell even fought shigaraki. Instead, I followed him all the way here and didn't even try to call for help.

I watched as shigaraki opens the door, I could see only two people. One was a tall, shadowy man, and the other had black hair and burns scars on his face. Shigaraki stepped in, and I followed closely behind him, almost using him as a shield. The shadowy man spoke up. "Hello Master shigaraki" he dipped his head in a small bow.

"Hey, I've got a new recruit with me" shigaraki casually throws out.

The man with the black hair turned his head and stared at me for a second before speaking, "Isn't that one of the U.A. brats?".

Shigaraki went and sat down at the bar "it is," he said bluntly.

The shadowy figure turned his attention to me "Hello, I am kurogiri," he said calmly.

I spoke up, "I'm i-izuku midoryia."

The black-haired man spoke again, "You can call me dabi." I nodded and lightly smiled. Suddenly, a hand was grabbing onto my shoulder, it reminded me of kachan's touch, and I panicked.

Flash Back

Midoriya's POV:
I felt a sudden hand on my shoulder and was pushed to the ground barely managing to stick my arms out in front of me to soften the impact. My hands and knees burned as I turned over to see kachan sneering at me. He swung at me and hit me square in the jaw. I yelped from the sudden pain and turned back to kachan. Explosions popped in his hands and he smiled as I tried to start running.

End of Flash Back

Midoriya's POV:
A distant part of me recognized the absent smell of nitroglycerin which is likely the only reason i reacted in violence instead of simplely letting an attack hit me. I grabbed whoever's hand it was by the wrist and quickly swung them in front of me before I forced them to the ground with their arms pinned against their back. As I realised what I'd done, I looked at the blonde girl I'd thrown to the ground and apologised "oh my god I'm sorry I just-, you scared me and um- I'm sorry".

The girl turned to face me with a smile. "It's okay!". I offered her a hand up, and she took it. When she got to her feet, she skipped over to the bar and sat by dabi.

As i faced the others, they looked curious. I blushed, embarrassed at the attention and what i'd just done. "She just scared me," I said while rubbing the back of my neck and not making eye contact. Dabi offered a slight chuckle to ease the tension.