chapter four - train confession

character photo: Matsuoka Tamashini

(warning: this chapter contains slight slur towards wlw.)

The rest of the day went by relatively smoothly. Ishikawa did her best to quickly shut down any conversation that was directed her way, along with any attempts of people calling her 'Kimi-chan".

Though some people were harder to handle than others.

*cough* Tadaaki *cough-cough* Hibiki *cough*

Why was she put into a class with two people eccentric as those two? Eh. Either way the girl ended the day feeling kinda proud of herself. Sure it was tiring, and had a few close calls and uncomfortable moments. But that was kinda inevitable when you're attempting to hide your whole personality for the first time.

Kimi lightly dragged her feet as she took her time making her way back towards the train station. She had looked up the schedule on her phone and saw the next train leaving to her area would be stationing in about twenty minutes. It took about ten just to get there so she wasn't really in any rush, which was nice in it's own way.

This morning she had felt so stressed about being late and finding her class, the girl didn't really get the chance to take in her surroundings unlike now. Bright, curious eyes took in every home and every little shop that was along her route. Mostly different little restaurants and a bakery/coffee shop or two. As she got closer to the station, she noticed a pretty river nearby. It would make a nice place to rest and hang out if she ever had extra time before heading home.

After the girl arrived at the train station, she scanned her card and made her way to the platform her train would arrive in just a few minutes. Taking out her phone and quickly shooting a text to her mama that she was about where she was and how she would be home soon.

Ever since her 'accident', if you could even call it that, the woman had been a little more protective over where the girl was. The first few weeks were the worst. Kimi pretty much couldn't walk two feet out the door before she got a frantic call from her mother.

But things were getting better.. It was almost beginning to feel normal again.

"Excuse me.." the sudden appearance of an unknown males voice caused the girl to look up from her phone. Eyes meeting those of an unknown boy in an unknown uniform.

A complete stranger.

"Uh, you see.." the boy trailed off slightly, scratching his reddening cheek slightly. He didn't even need to speak at this point... the girl had a pretty good idea on what he would say next. "You're totally my type, and I just wanted to see if I could get your number.."

The girl subconsciously glanced down at her phone, the half written text to her mother still staring back at her.

"Um. I'm sorry, but I don't think so..." the girl trailed off feeling a little awkward to be approached in such a crowded place.

The boys face scrunched up slightly at her response, unsatisfied. "Can I ask why?"

Kimi fidgeted a bit, grip tightening slightly on her phone... she didn't like where this interaction was seeming to go. "I.. I'm... just not interested... sorry..." the more she spoke, the lighter her voice got and the more frustrated the male got.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean? You find me ugly or something? You don't even know me."

She almost wanted to bite back at the boy. He was right, she didn't know him and he didn't know her. Yet he still came up and asked her out and then had the guts to get angry when she said no.