chapter five - lifeline invaded

character photo: Yoshino Hibiki

The rest of the week pretty much went by in a blur, each day relatively the same...

After a hectic morning centering around her slightly over dramatic mother, usually leading the girl to miss breakfast, she would head to the train station. Two cat shaped treats comfortable tucked away in her bag. Once arriving, the young Ishikawa girl would sit next to Tamashini during her morning commute. Or vice versa depending on who arrived first, and the two would silently eat their kitty onigiri together. Little to no words where usually exchanged between the two other than a soft greeting from Kimi's end and a nod of acknowledgement from Matsuoka's.

Once arriving to their shared destination Kimi's train companion would sometimes give her a small wave before she left, though the two never walked to school together. Instead the taller girl would always jog off without a word.

Well, she never seemed to say a word in general...

But that was beside the point.

After arriving to school, the girl usually ran into Tadaaki at their lockers, where the male would begin to talk her ear off until they arrived to their shared classroom... where he would continue to blabber on and on and on.

Well, unless someone came up to him and attempted to start a conversation with the male before class started. But even then for some reason the pinkett would more likely than not try to include the uninterested girl in whatever discussion he was having. Which she would either pretend she didn't hear the male speaking to her or give the most bland and half assed responses she could. Though it could get kind of tiring, part of her could respect how the male could just keep doing something even at the cost of getting rejected over and over again.

But she had to admit, once class was finally in session it was like a sweet release from the male..

Well, for the most part.

Every once in a while she would feel a light tap on her shoulder. Or find a small note flying over her shoulder and into her view, gently land on her desk. Thankfully the up-beat male seemed to have enough common decency to not bother the girl too much during class.

But the same couldn't be said for Yoshino Hibiki...

On their second day, the male was quick to ask if he could trade seats with a girl who originally sat in the desk next to her. Who was happy to oblige with the male, a small blush on her cheeks in almost a trance like state. Well.. until she really realized what he had asked of her, finally processing that she wouldn't be the one sitting next to him. In fact she would be almost as far away, from both of the cheerful boy's of 1-B, as one could get. But it was kinda too late to retaliate at that point. Leaving her no other option than just walking away, resembling a sad puppy that just got scolded by her owner.

It only happened a few times, but occasionally a girl or guy would come up and ask to exchange seats with the young Ishikawa girl. Seeing how to most, the girl had the best seat in class, hell maybe even the entire school. But before the girl could agree one if not both of her seatmates would quickly intervene. Giving some half assed reason on why the girl couldn't move.

The middle seat is right under the air conditioner, Ishi-chan would get too cold.