o n e

"Look all I'm saying is it's been almost 4 years. I think talking to someone would do you good, (F/n). All you do is work and go home. Aren't you bored? Don't you want a little romance? At least get laid."

I pursed my lips, completely ignoring the last two questions. Bored was not the word I would use to describe my life. Hectic, sleepless, draining. Now those seemed more fitting. I tucked a loose strand of pink hair behind my ear and walked over to the sink, quickly washing my hands. Yuma continued wiping down the counter as we cleaned the coffee shop. Our morning rush had hit quite hard and we were left with a mess as no one seemed to know how to clean up after themselves.

"Hey I'm headed to the back to grab more muffins, watch the front in case we get any stragglers!" I watched her wave before turning around and heading to the kitchen. I sighed and walked around the counter, picking up the remaining cups and plates that were scattered about. Everyday it was the same thing. Wake up at 5, get to work at 7, work until the shift changes at 6, come home. We were closed on Sundays. I looked down at the dirty dishes, letting out another long breath. Maybe my life was getting a tad monotonous. But I was still happy. I had Yuma and I also had Sora. They were more than enough to keep my heart full. Still, as I started cleaning the ceramic glasses, I couldn't help but to feel a pang of loneliness tug at the corners of my heart. I brushed the feeling aside and looked up at the clock on the wall. 10:27.

30 minutes and the next rush would start. I glanced around, grateful that the small cafe was empty. I turned to place the now clean dishes in their correct spots when the ring of a bell alerted me that someone was walking through the door. 'Well there went my small break'.

I sighed and placed a smile on my face, turning around to greet them. My smile faltered when I noticed who had walked in through the door. I felt my lips part as I let out a breath.

Two men in their hero attire had walked through. But they weren't just regular heroes. They were both in the top three. What were they doing here? My eyes were glued to the taller of the figures. His white and red hair tousled as the door closed, leaving the white side to favor over the red. His grey and blue eyes were both looking at the other hero he was conversing with, not once looking in the direction he was heading. A small frown was tugging at the corners of his lips. His scar caught my attention, and my heart fluttered.

He was beautiful.

I had seen him on the news and in the papers, but thought nothing of it. People like me didn't cross paths with people like him. I dropped my gaze and realized I was fidgeting with my hands.

"M-ma'am?"

I looked up to the green haired man standing in front of me meekly. He was mustering up his best smile and it made me return one of my own as I shook my head, trying to snap out of it.

"I'm so sorry! How can I help you?"

Rule number 1. Treat everyone the same.

"U-uhm y-yes. I was wondering if you could recommend anything? We've never been in here before and you have so much to choose from!" He was every bit as adorable as he seemed when being interviewed. It warmed my heart to know he was genuinely this nice of a person.

"Of course! We have a caramel cappuccino on special today paired with a blueberry scone or if you would prefer a cold beverage I make a mean iced vanilla macchiato! My coworker is also about to bring back fresh chocolate muffins any moment!" I could feel two different colored eyes staring at me, but I refused to look. The intensity of the gaze was making me weak.

"Hmm... What do you think, Shoto? The blueberry scone sounds nice. But she did say there were fresh muffins. Do I need something hot to drink? It is going to be a nice day out so either way it wouldn't matter. Although cold would probably be more refreshing..." The green haired man began to mumble and I felt my grin widen. He was a cutie. No wonder Sora loved him. In fact, she idolized him. I wonder if he would get mad if I asked him to sign something for her, since she wasn't here to see him in person.