f i v e

Shoto PoV

Kirishima was accompanying me on my daily patrol, probably in attempts to get me to agree to go to the stupid wedding. It was around 1, and I didn't focus on where we were walking until I stopped in front of a familiar building.

Vanilla Bean. I smirked to myself, my subconscious was even becoming consumed by her. Ever since I left Tuesday she was all I could think about. It had been perfect. No, SHE had been perfect. All this time I spent pining over women who I thought would be good matches. All of it crumbled the moment I laid eyes on her just two short weeks ago. I had called her the past 3 nights after she would let me know Sora was in bed. We would talk for hours and she was never bored with me. I felt Kirishima poke my arm, bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Uh, do you want to go in here? It looks like a cool spot." I shrugged as he opened the door and stepped inside.

My eyes searched for her but she was nowhere to be seen. Yuma was cleaning the counter off when she saw me and waved enthusiastically. I guess the best friend liked me. I gave her a shy smile and noticed Kirishima eyeing me.

"You sly dog. Don't tell me you have a girlfriend?" He was wiggling his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes.

"I've been seeing someone, yes. But not her." I approached Yuma with the red head trailing behind me.

"Hey Todoroki! Did you come to see (F/n)? She's in the back baking." She hooked her thumb, pointing at the door behind the bar. I frowned.

"I don't want to interrupt her. We were patrolling and just stopped in."

"So many choices! This place is cool! Hi I'm-" He started introducing himself to Yuma when she gave him a big smile, cutting him off.

"I know who you are, Red Riot. I gotta say Todoroki, having you around is never boring. If you keep bringing all your friends here our business is going to go through the roof!" She was beaming at the thought. That honestly hadn't even occurred to me.

I looked at Kirishima who was trying to make out her name tag.

"Yuma, Kirishima. Kirishima, Yuma." Both of their faces brightened as I got their introduction out of the way. They fell into friendly conversation and I just stood there, not knowing what to do, until I heard a loud crash in the back room.

(F/n)... My eyes widened as I immediately leapt over the bar and barged through the door.

"(F/n)!" I called out as my eyes frantically searched for her. She was laying on the floor, covered in cake. I put my hand over my mouth as she looked up at me, her face instantly turning pink when she realized I was there. Yuma and Kirishima were both behind me, looking at the scene as they tried to suppress their laughs. I managed to keep mine in as I walked over, holding out my hand to her, which she accepted as she stood up. She was covered in strawberry frosting. Cake was stuck in her hair. After making sure she didn't have any injuries and taking both her hands I lost it, letting out a bellowing laugh, catching the other two in the room off guard, especially the red head.

She, on the other hand, was laughing with me. It was music to my ears as I gave her hands a gentle squeeze as our laughs subsided. She gazed up at me and it was like we were the only two people on the planet. Normally, I wasn't one for PDA, but I found myself leaning in, kissing the frosting off her lips, desperate to reconnect with them. I felt her smile, which only made me want to go further, but I refrained and pulled away, licking the remainder of the frosting from the corners of my lips.

"Shoto... What are you doing here?" She seemed out of breath as she began to wipe frosting and cake off of her.

I turned my head, taking a glance at the two behind me.