t h r e e

Shoto PoV

It was Sunday and I hadn't heard anything else from her, even though she was all I had been thinking about. I had decided to clear my mind with a jog. There was a nice park about 20 minutes from my house so I put on some workout clothes and my shoes. I grabbed my headphones and placed them in each ear before exiting the house and heading down the street.

It was a nice day. Fall would be here soon, so the weather was almost perfect for a run. I cleared my mind and used the noise cancelling on the ear pods, not caring for music or sound in general.

When I arrived at the park there weren't many people there. I started up the jogging path and kept my breathing steady as my feet continuously hit the pavement. I looked ahead, noticing the playground on my left. There were a few children there playing. I saw a familiar tuft of pink hair and stopped dead in my tracks.

The little girl was bending over, plucking up a flower she found, her blue eyes sparkling as she squealed over her find.

"She looks just like..."

The little girl ran up to her mother, who bent down, letting her put the flower in her hair. I didn't realize I was walking over until I noticed the little girl look at me and pull her mother down to whisper in her ear, not taking her eyes off mine. (F/n) turned around and saw me, her eyes widening. I probably looked like I was following her. I cleared my throat and waved my hand, trying not to look creepy. Thankfully, she waved back. I felt myself let out a breath as she and the little girl closed the distance between us, Sora gripping on to her mother's hand, hiding halfway behind her once they stopped in front of me.

"Todoroki! What a surprise seeing you here!" She smiled at me warmly. I tried to grin. I think it worked.

"I was jogging through the park. I'm just as surprised as you are." I looked down at the little girl hiding away from me, then back at (F/n) before bending down and smiling at her.

"Hello there. Your mother tells me your name is Sora, is that correct?"

She hid deeper into her mother's skirt. I frowned. Did she not like me? If she didn't like me there's no way her mother would continue to agree to go on a date with me. I held out my right hand.

"Miss Sora, would you like to see something cool?"

I watched her peek an eye open, glancing at my hand. I made a ball of ice and then used a low flame on my other hand, through the tip of my finger, and carved the ball of ice into a flower, like the one she had just given (F/n). I heard her squeal as she pushed away from her mom to come examine the item in my hand.

"It's yours if you want it. But it will melt soon."

"CAN YOU MAKE MORE!!! IT'S SO PRETTY! Mommy! Look at what Shoto did! He's a cool hero! Not as cool as Deku-"

I felt my heart sink at the words, but she was 5 so I couldn't be too upset.

I heard a laugh come from above me and looked up to see her smiling down at us. She bent down to look at the flower Sora was holding.

"That's really pretty Sora. You should thank him."

I felt two small arms grab around my neck and I froze, unsure of what to do.

"Thank you thank you Mister Shoto!"

I felt a tinge of pink on my cheeks as I returned her hug before pulling her away.

"Do you, by chance, want to be a hero when you grow up?"

"It's all I want! I want to be strong and cool and help people! Wanna see my quirk?!?" She held out her own palms to me, showing her water bending in action. Sora formed the water into a different flower. I smiled at her quirk.