t w o

T h e N e x t D a y

(F/n) PoV

I was frosting cupcakes in the back when Yuma came running to me. "You won't believe who's here asking for you!" I eyed her curiously. Who could possibly be asking for me? Maybe Sora had visited with her nana. I put down the frosting bag and was about to walk out when she stopped me.

"You have frosting all over you. Ugh here lemme- you know what, nevermind. You still look cute, go" She shoved me out of the kitchen and I wiped my hands on my apron, walking out into the cafe. A pair of mismatched eyes were looking at me as soon as I stepped out, much to my shock. I turned around but Yuma was gone. I glanced over at the time. 4:47. Shuffling my feet I walked over, my face a deep scarlet as I approached. He was giving me a small smile.

"H-hey! Yuma said you asked to see me?" My voice was quiet. He reached his hand out, much like yesterday and I felt my stomach flutter at the thought of him touching me again. This time he went to my nose and flicked up his finger, scooping up frosting I didn't even know was there.

"You're messy." He eyed the frosting as I sucked in a breath at his words. Did he even realize what he was doing to me? I watched him place the finger in his mouth. My legs went weak. No man had the right to look that damn fine.

"It's good though." He concluded as he popped his finger out of his mouth, my own parting at the sight of him.

"U-Uh, do you want one? I'm almost done with them."

He shook his head.

"Actually, I came here to ask you something."

"Oh?" My eyes widened.

"Yes. Since you so kindly gave me a free dessert yesterday I wanted to see if perhaps you'd let me take you to dinner. Unfortunately I'm only available on Sunday, would that be okay?"

My heart was thumping loudly in my chest. I'm dreaming, right? This wasn't real. I looked down at my fidgeting hands and stilled them. Nope. This is real. This is happening. But...

"I'm sorry, Todoroki-san. I can't."

"I understand Sunday is considered a day of rest. Would another day next week work better for you?"

I looked up at his hopeful gaze.

"It's not that... I, uh, I have a daughter..." I watched him look down at my hand and then back up to me, standing.

"I apologize. I assumed you weren't married. Please forget ab-"

"No!" My voice came out a little louder than it should have. I swallowed, trying to calm my nerves. 'I haven't dated since...' I shook the thought from my mind. "No, I'm not. Her father isn't in the picture. It's just... Sundays are the only day I get to spend with her, really. A-and I understand if you choose to retract your offer I just felt like... Like... Oh I dunno. Like that's something I'm supposed to tell people so they can decide if they want to-"

He put his hand on my shoulder, cutting me off.

"You're thinking that's a deal-breaker."

"Yes..." I breathed out as he found the right words for me.

"While it's unexpected, I would still like to get to know you. My offer still stands." A pleasant smile was on his lips. I felt my own returning the gesture. He seemed genuinely interested in me.

"I accept then." I saw a small tinge of pink cross his face.

"Here then, please text or call me when you're available."