One

It was the last day of school before the summer vacations. I vividly remember that I was dressed in black jeans and a white hoodie, which I had decided on after quite a long debate . Everyone was super excited because we would have the whole day to ourselves.

The day went on as planned. Treasure hunt, dumb charades, and a whole lot of other games took turns to keep us from dozing off.

Everything seemed on track untill Mrs Cooper, our English teacher made an unexpected appearance and scouted two people out of the class.

Ben and Claire followed Mrs Cooper out of the classroom and the others went on with their games.

Forty minutes slipped by and I started wondering if I was the only one thinking about what could be taking those two such a long time.

Another fifteen minutes passed by and Ben finally entered the class. He was nervous and avoided eye contact with all living and non-living species.

I walked over to him and tried to start up a conversation. "Hey! I know we aren't close or anything.. but I was hoping ..",is exactly where I was interrupted.

He opened his mouth and I expected something about how some teacher wanted their notes or how the principal brainwashed them into continuing college in the same institute or something of that sort. Instead he said, "No".

Now, you might be wondering if it is humanly possible to create so many scenarios in such a short amount of time. To answer your question, I had fifty five minutes to waste before he could enter the classroom.

After having been rejected in a "throwing-shit-straight-at-my-face" manner, I decided to walk away and wait for Claire.

I told myself that my brain was making up the "Ben looked nervous and avoided eye contact " stuff to make up for the lack of entertainment, as we had been playing the same game for over an hour now.

▪▪▪▪▪