Five

A footprint of size six. That was the only loophole that the murderer had failed to cover up. I was alone in the aisle between the bookshelves of the library, or so I assumed untill someone's lean figure was hovering over me.

A tall figure, ripped jeans hanging dangerously low, a black leather belt dangling from the belt loop, a white buttondown and a smirk on his face.
When my eyes met his clear green eyes, I felt a chill run down my spine.
It was Ben.

"You could use my help on that investigation ", he said showing off as much arrogance as he could. I rolled my eyes and tried to register the statement he had just made. The murderer wanted to help me on the investigation of his own case. Did he plan on misleading me so that the investigation would steer clear of his path??

That is when I realized that I could use this to my advantage. I could make him trust me and get the information that I wanted out of him. I faked a smile and replied, "sure" .

The police had taken over the official investigation of the case, but I guess I wanted to make sure that they had examined every strand of hair before making a conclusion. They had agreed to let me help with the investigation .

Being around someone who was very likely to have murderous tendencies made me overly cautious. I stared at Ben observing his every move. "Like what you see?" , he asked without taking his eyes off the book that he was reading. A constant smirk on his face.

His voice brought me out of my thoughts and I casually looked away as if I hadn't heard him. "How about going back to my place and working on this after school ?", he asked and I found myself nodding without second thought.

Going to a murderer's place , ALONE, after school was nothing to worry about. Right??
I mentally spanked myself for being such an idiot.

He looked rich from the way he dressed, but just one look at his mansion was enough for me to know that he wasn't rich, he was "Aladdin and the magic lamp" rich.

He led me through the living room into his room in the basement and I swear to God, it was almost as if I had forgotten how to breathe for a few seconds .

White skulls hanging on the black walls.

The scent of peaches that filled the air in the room seemed to calm me down before I could make a run for the hills. I scrunched my nose to inhale the scent once again .

I slowly jerked my head to look at him, only to find that his eyes were already on me.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Is Ben the muderer?? What do you guys think??? Hit me up with your opinions on this story!