Three

"Holy fuck! She's alive",were my exact thoughts.

Only when she said ,"I'm sorry what ? " did I realize that I had said that out loud.

That was the exact moment when my detective instincts felt the sudden urge to up their game. I believe the words I was looking for were , "Claire, where did you guys go with Mrs. Cooper?".

Instead, I ended up asking," Claire, what did you guys do to Mrs. Cooper?".

I bit my lower lip real hard. I immediately regretted opening my mouth. I saw the confused expression on her face.

She was either very good at acting or had no idea whatsoever about what I was talking .

I rushed past Claire and started looking for Lacy, my best friend. She wasn't in the classroom. I ran down the corridor to find her coming out of the washroom. I was hyperventilating when I finally caught up with her.
I pulled her by the hand and took her on to the third floor so that she could witness what I had seen a few minutes ago.

I placed my hand on her shoulders and asked her to calm down and finally opened the door behind me.

"Oh my God! Mrs. Cooper", she said almost like a whisper.

I quickly turned my head to find Mrs Cooper's body in a pool of blood,a knife in one of her hands and the other wrist was slit open.

I looked at the window panes and the wall next to them, there was no trace of blood on them. Somebody had wiped them clean.

It looked so real that I almost had myself convinced that the she had committed suicide.

Lacy fell to her knees beside me. I knew that she had been very close to Mrs Cooper ,so I didn't bother talking to her for sometime.

Two things became very clear to me.

The first one was that somebody had murdered Mrs Cooper and made it look like suicide.

The second one was that I was probably the only witness to prove that Mrs Cooper had been murdered.

▪▪▪▪▪▪