Two

There is blood all over the floor. Blood dripping from the window panes. Blood on the walls. Basically, blood everywhere.

I pinched myself to check if I was having some sort of a hallucination.

Only after I pinched myself real hard did I realize that it's something that only the female leads of romantic comedies are supposed to do.

The sight should have scared the shit out of me , but instead I felt more alert and more alive than ever. I was alone in the room. I had landed up here because I was worried about Claire.

Now, seeing how I was worried about Claire, you might assume that she was my best friend , but in fact she wasn't. She was just like any other classmate whose name I happened to know out of chance.

Why again was I worried about her? Oohh that's because my brain (which happens to be loaded with novels about detectives, prosecutors and tons of other crap )kept telling me that something was surely wrong with Claire.

I took a minute to digest the scene in front of me. Then, I started looking for any trace of a body (as I was convinced that the person would have to be God if he or she had survived after losing like a tanker of blood).

Now you might want to ask me why I've written "he or she" ,when I'm confident that the body I was looking for was Claire's. That is probably because a tiny part of my tiny little brain hoped that it wasn't Claire.

I paced around the checking every inch but found nothing out of the ordinary, except for the blood of course. No body, no weapons, no footprints, well " nothing " ,if I have to be precise.

I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. I ran down as fast as I could to find Lacey, my best friend. I had to tell someone about what I had just seen.

On my way into the classroom, I stumbled upon someone's leg. I apologized and looked up to see who it was .

It was Claire.

▪▪▪▪▪