6 | Drastic Decisions

"I'm telling you, they're not the same spirits as the ones in that scroll

          "I'm telling you, they're not the same spirits as the ones in that scroll." Aang told them while they sat on Appa's saddle.

          "So they're different spirits who just look like the kemurikage?" Zuko wondered, trying to understand what exactly was happening.

          "Maybe." Aang half agreed, but he didn't know how probable that was.

          "Or maybe they're not spirits at all." Mai said what Ama was thinking.

          "All I know is, on the roof of the flower shop that night? Those ladies looked creepy." Kei Lo shivered at the memory of them.

          As they flew over the city, a loud chant caught everyone's ears. "A strong nation is a safe nation!"

          "What the-?" Aang looked over the saddle down to the city. "What are all those people doing out in the street? It's the middle of the night?"

          "Let's find out." Zuko narrowed his eyes at the crowd of men.

          When Appa landed, Zuko, Ama and Aang jumped down as soon as they could. They ran to the little rally, finding Mai's father and the constable there. "Constable Sung! Ukano! What is the meaning of this?!" Zuko demanded to know.

          Constable Sung's head hung low in grief while Ukano explained. "As I predicted, the spirit world has gotten completely out of control! Dark spirits have taken more children, including the constable's own son."

          "Oh no!" Aang expressed verbally while Ama gasped.

          "I'm so sorry constable." Zuko said. He felt angry with himself for being unable to do anything.

          "I was unable to find you, Fire Lord. We had to do something." Constable Sung regretted saying, but also sounded like he'd been back into a corner and had no other choice.

          "The Safe Nation Society-" Ukano started to speak before Aang interupted him.

          "What's the Safe Nation Society?" The airbender wondered.

          "Since Zuko's refused to protect his nation, a group of young volunteers have stepped up." Ukano had a devilish, manipulative smirk. "The Safe Nation Society are risking their own lives to keep us all safe!" The 'volunteers' stood at attention behind the overly proud man.

          "But, how'd you get this many volunteers to assemble this late into the night?" Aang asked. His more optimistic perspective made him more curious to it all, but he also was investigative to the situation.

          "In fact, not ten minutes ago, the Society saved a child by heroically sighting off Dark Spirits." Ukano ignored Aang's question.

          "Hate to break it to you, but those probably weren't spirits." Aang almost shouted.