Chapter 19: The Door Between Us

Jimin's POV

It was the next day when I realised I did it yet again. Hurting Y/N.

She seems like a strong person, but even strong people have their limits. And I crossed that limit.

When I lost my hope of finding her the previous day, I went back home thinking that she might come to school the next day, so I can apologise to her. Little did I know, I was so wrong.

When I went back to school the next day, there was no sign of her. I thought of the nearly impossible possibility of her being late, but that also didn't make any sense.

During lunch, I went to Rosé and Jennie to ask them about Y/N.

Rosé: She said she was not feeling well but...

Jennie: None of us thinks that's true. Did something happen between you two?

I thought back onto whatever happened between us, and I could just feel how hurt, resenting and angry Y/N must've felt. It was stupid of me to think that she'd even consider coming back to university.

I didn't tell Rosé and Jennie anything for two reasons: first, I didn't want them to worry about anything cause I figured that Y/N didn't want that too. Second, I hate to admit it, but I was embarrassed. They would've been unbelievably angry at me for continuously hurting and wounding their best friend. So I just simply said...

Jimin: Oh, no she might really be sick. I was actually asking for her since we got a group assignment in our vocal class.

Rosé: Oh... Okay...

Of course, they didn't buy it, but at least they decided to not ask me further about it, that's what mattered.

All of my classes ended and I rushed to Y/N's apartment. I had to tell her how I really felt.

I went to her house and after contemplating on whether I should ring the doorbell or not for like 15 minutes, I finally gained up all of my courage and rang the bell.

No response.

Jimin: Maybe she didn't hear it?

And so I rang it again. No response again. I tried again. And yet again silence.

This moment of silence that I was facing made me feel even more guilty than I was.

Maybe she left her house because of what I said. Maybe she was never gonna come back. Maybe she now hates me more than anyone and will resent me for her whole life.

This may sound too negatively dramatic but these thoughts were already drawing daggers at me.

But even after such thoughts, there was this part of me that thought that maybe Y/N was still there, standing behind the door, just too angry to face me right now. Maybe she's eagerly waiting for my part of the story but can't face me because of that little bit of pride she has left after I destroyed most of it.

And these thoughts made me just stand there, and blurt out whatever I wanted to say. Thinking that maybe if she hears them, she'll come out of that room and hug me tightly, so that I can hug her back, and maybe steal a ki- Nevermind, that's just getting ahead of myself.

Jimin: Y/N, I'm honestly not sure whether you're behind this door right now or not... But I want to believe that you are. At this point, I can't request your forgiveness. I am too ashamed to even apologise because even if it is sincere, it does not make any sense anymore. So rather than apologising, I want to tell you how I feel.

I paused for a breath in between and then continued again.

Jimin: I hated you. But mind you, I hated you, I don't anymore. I was a stupid boy who would hate on his own best friend for stupid reasons. Now that I look back on it, it doesn't make any sense. Neither of these make any sense... It doesn't make any sense how I... I fell in love with you...

I said it.

Not that she heard it, but at least I got it off my chest.

Jimin: The thought of me getting exceptionally close to my enemy like that was a fantasy to me. But then soon after we made up. That is also because of this stupid bet. But you know this one thing? My life turned upside down once I realised what I've been missing out on. I got so close to you that it was impossible for me to get out of your trap...and without me even noticing, I fell in love with my enemy.

Silence.

Only the sound of my heart beating exceptionally fast and my unstable breathing could be heard.

I got nervous... Even when there was no one around.

Why? Because it felt like there was someone there.

A few moments passed and I realised that no one was gonna come out of that door.

My head dropped down, with a frown visible on my face.

Jimin: I really hope that you're in there, Y/N. Cause I really want to just... see you. I just want to look at you and *sigh* nevermind, it doesn't matter. I'll be waiting for you tomorrow at school, if you don't come, I'll come back here again, and I'm gonna keep doing that until and unless I can talk to you, face to face. You know me. I don't back off on my word when I really mean it. And you also know, that this time I really mean it.

And with that, I sadly turned my back towards the door and walked towards my home.

Y/N's POV

He's gone...

And I couldn't even stop him...

I was right there, standing behind the door, silently crying all my tears out.

It's almost ridiculous how many times Jimin has done something which hurt me very much. And it's also really ridiculous how I still want to forgive him even after what he did.

But... I want to give in to the ridiculousness of this situation.

All the arguments and fights we've had before are all because of some stupid misunderstandings.

If only we could get rid of all the misunderstandings...

Ha! Who am I to say this? I'm always the one who doesn't want to understand the situation properly and just.... runs away. I always run away.

Every. Damn. Time.

The day I first met Jimin, I was running away from the problems at my home.

The day that girl kissed Jimin, I ran away from there.

The day my mom decided to get back together with that man, I ran away from her.

And even now, I'm running away...

But I can't help it.

I know I shouldn't be like this, but I can't help it.

I... am an idiot.

Even so, I can't face Jimin. Not yet.

Next Morning...

Jimin's POV

She... did not come to school today.

Well, what did I expect? Did I really think she'd come back? After all the things I've done?

Well then, it's decided... I'll go back to her home.

And so I did.

And the door was locked again. No one answered yet again.

But I did not give up. I will not give up. Never.

Y/N... I'll be waiting for you for as long as you want.

Just come back and talk to me, please...
-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Not much to say except that this story is coming to an end. I'm just glad I decided to finish it and did not leave it unfinished! Thanks for all the support so far!!